Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like an oddball that doesn't fit in anywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes I feel like I'm some kind of weirdo or something, some oddball that doesn't fit anywhere. I live in a neighborhood where the kids are always outside running wild, and that's not the kind of parent I am. At church I am around a lot of wealthy and married people. I am not wealthy or married. At my dd's school, she is surrounded by kids that don't care about learning,even in the gifted program, and that's not the way she is or I am. She is always talking about how the kids at school don't behave and get in trouble a lot. My dd is not like that. I would not put up with that. But compared to many parents at church I seem permissive. I just don't seem to fit in anywhere, and I have very few friends that I really feel connected to. Even here on CM I don't feel like I fit in, at least not yet. Anybody else ever feel like that?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
Shadow_Walker
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM
I just moved to New Orleans from the New York area. Also not a fan of football. I feel so out of place it's unreal. I can relate.

Quoting babyboy117:

Yes, I moved to Lousiana last year. They all love football. I don't care for it. I prefer baseball. They all love crawfish. They remind me of roaches. People seem closed minded and judgemental here ( no offense to any Lousiana natives. My hubby is from here) I miss the beach. I'm not into swamps and mosquitos. I miss Va.beach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM
I've never really fit in. Even as a child. I have quirks that most people don't understand and get judgemental about. I've given up trying to make friend's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Yes. Just be yourself! When you make friends, they will be YOUR friend, not your alter-you's friend. It is a blessing sometimes because it makes me see how I am different from these people that I am grateful to be different from...

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Yes, very much so. Even in places where I have should have a common bond with people, or similar interests, the people seem so much different than me. 

Hierophant85
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I feel like that sometimes. But kudos to your daughter for not trying to fit in with all the trouble makers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I do feel like the oddball out but it is not the same as you, and I just different and prefer to keep to myself, I have a couple friends I rarely talk to, and a lot of people want to be my friend but I am just me.

And on cm, this is my wind down time. I joke and get serious sometimes but I am not here to make friends... just hear to get and give advice and have another adult to talk to rather then kids, my professor or my parents, it is just cool to hang out here and I really don't fit in but I get a kick out of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM
I feel like that a lot. *shrug* no biggie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemmerer411
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Yep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Yup..i'm from Jersey!

Quoting Shadow_Walker:

I just moved to New Orleans from the New York area. Also not a fan of football. I feel so out of place it's unreal. I can relate.

Quoting babyboy117:

Yes, I moved to Lousiana last year. They all love football. I don't care for it. I prefer baseball. They all love crawfish. They remind me of roaches. People seem closed minded and judgemental here ( no offense to any Lousiana natives. My hubby is from here) I miss the beach. I'm not into swamps and mosquitos. I miss Va.beach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I grew up in Jersey...my family lives there.

Quoting babyboy117:

Yup..i'm from Jersey!

Quoting Shadow_Walker:

Quoting babyboy117:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured