Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

holy heat batman

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Were on the road and stopped in to see my in laws who live on the way. They don't have central air and only 1 room has a window ac. They use fans through the rest of the house. DH and DS have no trouble sleeping in heat. If I'm hot I can't sleep. I only got 5 hours sleep last night because of cleaning and moving out, and I'm exhausted but sweating soooo bad. I feel like I'm going to puke I'm so hot. DH doesn't understand and we got into a fight earlier too so we aren't exactly on good terms at the moment... Were supposed to be staying here til Thursday morning... It's about 93 right now outside. I have no idea what it is inside the house but doesn't feel much cooler esp the bedroom me and DS are supposed to be staying in... There's 1 box fan in there but the door has to stay closed because of the dogs...
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM
The ac is in my bil room BTW. He pats part of the electric bill when he stays since He stays here part time and blares the ac all day/night, usually when were in town we get his room but he's staying here to see DS.
Decker
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Can you go and rent a motel room?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:04 AM
No :( I thought about it but we don't have the money... Were spending like $500 in gas and we stopped here partly to save on hotels since well need one on the road since were splitting the rest of the drive in half, than 2 nights when we get to where were.moving since we won't have a place before than... Plus DS and DH are already asleep...

Quoting Decker:

Can you go and rent a motel room?

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Get a towel wet and put it in the freezer for a bit then clip it to the back of the fan. Put a cool washcloth on your neck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I have cold water bottles I've been switching out and laying down with it on the back of my neck... Idk where the towels or anything are and the fan is hanging from the ceiling, so I cant even turn it higher (if it goes higher, I have no idea, I haven't used one in several years)

Quoting angie729:

Get a towel wet and put it in the freezer for a bit then clip it to the back of the fan. Put a cool washcloth on your neck.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Oh honey honey honey!
If I could I'd send you an ac or fan!
I hate trying to sleep in the heat!
Try an ice shower?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I've been using cold water bottles on my neck... I'm gonna try talking DH into leaving a day early since his parents and brothers will all be at work anyway and we can get there a day early, which means it won't be the weekend and we can sign our lease and move in... Dk what hell say... I did move to the living room though. Feels about 5 degrees cooler but its awkward cause my bil is sleeping in here lol.

Quoting arpazia:

Oh honey honey honey!

If I could I'd send you an ac or fan!

I hate trying to sleep in the heat!

Try an ice shower?

Lala06
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Cold shower as cold as you can stand it , ice water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I have no comfort to offer other than the fact that I've been there. It sucks eggs and can fry them too :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Sleep outside on the roof
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN