Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let me tell you a story, (graphic pictures of animal abuse.)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM
  • 17 Replies

So my in laws have had this cat for.......well I can't remember but they say he is like15 or 16yo. He has been in his fair share of cat fights and what not. He has been through 2 major moves. The first move was from Colorado to Houston, Tx. The second move was from Houston to San Antonio,Tx. This cat doesn't bother any one and doesn't leave the property, he is old and lazy. Well today I told my dh that I was going to see if he was at the humane society since we hadn't seen him since Friday. He just up and disappeared. So I went and they told me he was not there, they had no adult male orange tabby cats there or in receiving, so I figured he had probably went somewhere to die, because he wasn't picked up as road kill and wasn't taken to any local vet hospitals. He had a collar on with his tags. So tonight at 8:30, I took my kids to dh's work so they could see what he does, then out to dinner, while we were eating I got a phone call from my sil, they found the cat. When I left the house the front door was closed, I made sure of it. So how this cat managed to open the door and come inside with his injuries remains a mystery. They told me this cat was messed up, his mouth/jaw was messed up and they said it looked like he was missing an eyeball. He also no longer has his collar or tags. The injuries this cat suffered were not fresh, and there was litterally no sign of him for 5 days. Well today mry black cat also has a eye injury that is not a result of a cat fight, the injuries the orange cat suffered were not a result of a cat fight. Its sad to imagine the kind of pain and torture this cat had to endure for 5 days, its almost unbearable......I wish my inlaws would put this cat down, he has lived his life and now it looks as though this cat will live out the remainder of his life being blind. Its sad that people do this and some will even be happy about this or pleased with what happened to this cat, and while its not the worst it could have been he was and is still someones loved pet.

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyDamien13107
by Mrs.C on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Poor cat. This makes me so sad. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM

that poor kitty!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM

poor kitty :( animal abuse is horrible

psychobilly_mom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM

-_-

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Aww that poor kitty. I don't know, I'm on the fence about putting him down. You need to try to find who did this and make them suffer. I know easier said than done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:37 AM

People that do this to a helpless animal will at some point do something just as bad to a person. They need to suffer the same treatment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Poor kitty! My aunt had a problem with teens trying to run over her cats with bikes. She ended up putting 2 down and 3 endded.up with casts on them with broken legs :( (my aunt has over 40 cats that she has rescued, all that she can catch are spayed and netured if they arent already fyi she lives in the country lol)
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I would end up in prison if I knew of people abusing animals. not kidding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:46 AM
U can have an investigation done and the right people cans decide if it's best to put the cat down. Your inlaws could be arested an have to pay a huge fine for not getting the cat the help he needs.. Hope you guys can get it figured out soon..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I dont understand in any RIGHT MIND how someone could watch as they make an animal suffer.. or even a child. Why people hurt the innocent haunts me day in and day out. We need to unite together as mothers, and protectors because this will keep happening and whoever did this will escalate to people, or children. We cant let these type of people win. You should call the police and tell them to warn people and keep their pets inside. Imagine whats happening to the stray animals.. no one knew about them so no one knows what happends. people are so cruel it makes you think twice about bringing someone into the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)