Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drinking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

After I had my daughter I can't seem to drink without getting sick the next morning (like my butt is glued to the toilet and my stomach is a mess for the entire day)! Did anyone else develop this problem after having a kid? How long did you wait to start drinking after giving birth? Do you drink around your kid(s) or do you wait for them to go to bed?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AisleyneChasidy
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM
When did you have her?

I never drink around my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Feb of 2010. I don't like drinking around her at all - either myself or others. I had her at a wedding reception this weekend and even that made me nervous. It's hard to avoid it though unless I keep her locked in my apartment because all there is to do in this town is drink. Every time someone comes over they have alcohol in tow and whenever someone is visiting they want to go out for a drink. I don't care much for drinking but every now and again I like to have a night to let loose. I'm currently pregnant and my SO wants me to be able to go out and have a good time after I have her but I don't really want to...

I plan to breastfeed. I breastfed my 1st for 5 months until I went back to work. It was extremely difficult to pump enough milk to store so I could go out for one night, and I got so intoxicated that I was still drunk the next day. Blahhh. Not fun.

Quoting AisleyneChasidy:

When did you have her?

I never drink around my kids

miranda7788
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM
I waited about 6 months only because if he woke up I didn't want to be tipsy and dealing with a baby. But now that they are older I wait till bedtime to pour me a drink or two.... But I would definely see a doctor if it happens more than twice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Drinking around kids isn't bad. Getting shit faced around kids is bad. My daughter has seen me drink wine and watched me drink a long island ice tea tonight.

When she was a baby I usually nursed her and then drank my wine. Rarely did I go out without her to drink.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I wouldn´t know, I do not drink and neither does my husband. So, no drinking around the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)