Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you spend on your kid (s) per week for fun? (e.g. movies, game places)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 56 Replies

We're pretty tight because of mega doctor bills, we just came back from Disney and I am cashed out..  shrugging  The rest of this summer is going to be thrifty!!

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't keep a running tab, besides that with the boat and putting gas in it every weekend I am pretty sure I don't want to know LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:17 AM
I budget about $100 week for me and my dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:20 AM

My girls are grown, however when they were younger, every saturday we went to breakfast, then shopping, usually a movie and then lunch.  I did this for about 10 years.  I'd say, average, each week I'd spend 300-400.  They worked hard in school, sports, and at home doing chores.  I didn't mind rewarding them. 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:23 AM
not much. Depends on the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macksmom716
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Depends on the week...but somewhere between 30-40 per kid...we do a lot of inexpensive activities like movies in the park.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM
It depends, usually about 10-20 dollars. They are only little and don't really want to do much other than play, go to the park, beach etc. we went to the movies at the weekend which was 7.50 each but that's a one off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
th78
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Not a lot. I have 4 kids so it gets pricey if we go out to do things. Most weeks we just hang at home and swim, play games, and sing and have a dance party (our fave). Those are all free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Nothing really. We don't have really anything here for entertainment and with our schedules (mine and bf) its hard to do stuff. But we went to see madagascar the other weekend and he is is signed up for 2 week day camp at the pool and we will be going to go see ice age and we have a fun family trip at the end of august. We spend time together that's all that matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:42 AM
3 moms liked this
weekly.. Nothing. I have a 6yo and an 18mo old. They're happy to go play at the park.. Free stuff! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
This, but my kids are 2 and 4.5. They're happy running around and playing in the dirt.

We do have a membership to the aquarium.

Quoting cLanief:

weekly.. Nothing. I have a 6yo and an 18mo old. They're happy to go play at the park.. Free stuff! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN