Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you spend on your kid (s) per week for fun? (e.g. movies, game places)

Posted by   + Show Post

We're pretty tight because of mega doctor bills, we just came back from Disney and I am cashed out..  shrugging  The rest of this summer is going to be thrifty!!

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Replies (51-56):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Can u be my mom? :)I love this!

I spend prob 150-300 on things I don't really keep track. I enjoy takoing them out to eat, movies,play places, museums, shopping(my addiction lol) but then other weeks I might only spend 50

Quoting catchup29:

My girls are grown, however when they were younger, every saturday we went to breakfast, then shopping, usually a movie and then lunch.  I did this for about 10 years.  I'd say, average, each week I'd spend 300-400.  They worked hard in school, sports, and at home doing chores.  I didn't mind rewarding them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I just spent $30.00 for this at Toys 'R Us and I'm hoping it gets the eight and five year old through the summer, lol, because that's really all they're getting!  We do a lot of picnics at the local community parks and we have a beach, fishing lake and playground within our gated community.  So most of our entertainment is free.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We r in the process of buying a house too! Plus we have to meet my husbands parents(last min) in rome so his dad can mEet our kids...so that's a huge chunk /:

Quoting andreahm:

We have to be thrifty all the time.. we're saving for a house next spring. We take him to the lake, we have a kiddie pool in the yard, we take him to history club and to go see his friends. Pretty much its all in gas unless we decide to eat out or go for ice cream. Our vacation will be camping in July.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting svolkov:

I spend prob 150-300 on things I don't really keep track. I enjoy takoing them out to eat, movies,play places, museums, shopping(my addiction lol) but then other weeks I might only spend 50

Quoting catchup29:

My girls are grown, however when they were younger, every saturday we went to breakfast, then shopping, usually a movie and then lunch.  I did this for about 10 years.  I'd say, average, each week I'd spend 300-400.  They worked hard in school, sports, and at home doing chores.  I didn't mind rewarding them. 

Sounds like they have a good time with you!  I think its important to show them that if they work hard...for their money, they can play hard and have fun.  Museums were our favorite things to do, now only the youngest enjoys them, the older one, 22, says that she has seen it all, its history, it dosen't change.  LOL

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Lol nice our favorite is the denver zoo and we have a family pass which is wonderful

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting catchup29:

Sounds like they have a good time with you!  I think its important to show them that if they work hard...for their money, they can play hard and have fun.  Museums were our favorite things to do, now only the youngest enjoys them, the older one, 22, says that she has seen it all, its history, it dosen't change.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quoting svolkov:

Lol nice our favorite is the denver zoo and we have a family pass which is wonderful

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting catchup29:

I miss those days...we were members of the Science Center and Aquarium..we live in Baltimore...it was so much fun being able to go whenever we wanted.  The zoo is something we didn't do too often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN