Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My baby sat up at 4 months, walked at 6 months, talked in full sentences by 9 months and potty trained before a year!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 408 Replies
1 mom liked this
These are all thing people have told me. Seriously. And I think they actually believe themselves. Its my biggest pet peeve ever when parents lie about their kids milestones. I have one friend in particular that does it a lot. What are some things like these that people have told you that you know is Bs?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM
4 moms liked this

one mom claims her baby has been rolling over since 3 weeks. i find that seriously hard to believe. 

HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Mine rolled over at 2 months and was sitting up by himself at 4 months. He didn't walk til 9 months though and didn't talk til 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
My oldest DD was walking at 9mths, but none of the other stuff. My now 2y/o dd (3 in Sept) took her first step on her 1st bday. I do have a friend on FB who's child needs to be in world records for how quickly her child has "reached" milestones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I know plenty of people who say they had a baby with a perfectly round head after a vaginal delivery. Unless your kids head is ridiculously tiny (try 10cm or smaller) their head had to mold to get out of there. It's such an odd thing to lie about, everybaby has a slightly funny looking head when they come out unless they were a C-section baby.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Every baby develops at their own pace. So they are not out of the realm of possibility, however impossible you deem them to be.

DS was saying MOM MOM any time he was throwing a fit and wanted to nurse by 2 months. People didn't believe me either. I assure you its true. He could also stand up with assistance at 2 months. His legs were very strong!

DD raised her head and looked at the TV as a newborn. When they brought her into my room the nurse was carrying her to me and she picked her head up, looked at the TV and put her head back down. She was wobbly of course, but she did it.

frostyone
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
66 moms liked this

Mine got his first job and was out of the house by 4 months, we are so proud!

crispysmom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
My younger son who is now 16 months started walking at 8 months! I was shocked. His older brother didn't walk till a year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karlie2
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
There was a baby in my mom and tot group that walked at 6 months. It looked strange she was so tiny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
My ds 2 rolled over at 5 weeks. I was shocked.

Quoting Anonymous:

one mom claims her baby has been rolling over since 3 weeks. i find that seriously hard to believe. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh another one I've heard is someone told me her DD was reading books on her 1st bday! Uhm right..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)