Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DS got 2nd degree burns and I am pissed

Posted by   + Show Post
My DS who is 2 was at his dads all weekend. He came home and was sunburned and I chewed his dads ass about sunscreen because he is very fair skinned. Well I just got him out of the dr and they are 2nd degree burns. Who the hell does that to their own child? He has never been sun burned with me because I lather him with sunscreen.. SMH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-17):
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Even if he forgot the sunscreen, after a while he would be able to tell the kid was too burnt to be out in the sun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Yes you kids may have been burned before but to the point of blisters? that is what a 2nd degree is blisters. His dad should have thought more. the child is 2 he can't do it himself (well he can but hes not going to remember to) It is the responsibility of the Parent to prevent his child from getting burned so I would blame my DH if he took my 2 year old out and didn't apply or reapply sunscreen. It may be to the fact I lifeguarded for 8 years (15-23 HS and college jobs) I know to put sunscreen on even on a cloudy day if we want to be outside. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure he has ..but no one is.perfect. my kids have gotten sun burned before. It happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aloe and IDK who would let their 2 year old burn. I put sunscreen on even when its cloudy Has he ever heard of Skin Cancer? 

Joels-My-Love
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM
We never use it. It has alot of poisonous chemicals in it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seksen
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

He had him out in the water in a pool in his yard for like 4-5 hours. My DS is very fair skinned - like me, and his Dad should have known better. He can't even put a shirt on and says owie and almost cries if it is hardly touched. The Dr. prescribed him a numbing cream for it so it an heal without the pain. I have had sunburn like my DS has before and it hurts really bad.. I feel bad for him :( Hopefully this cream will work

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Agreed. I've had really bad second degree burns. It's really going to hurt when you fall off your high horse op. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I've not planned to be out for long and totally forgot the sunblock.

It happens. I'm NOT perfect.

cartersmommy407
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM
vinegar bath him in it. It should take the burn out of it and stop him from blisting. I to have forgot sunscreen I wouldake sure you buy a BIG bottle of 50 and keep it in your sons diaper bag at all times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM
It can happen even with sunscreen. My two children and nephew were playing outside, all three had on sunscreen. My DS got sunburned and had blisters on his shoulders. The other two were fine. They all three had the same sunscreen and were out the same amount of time. Some people are more suseptible to sunburn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)