Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My wedding reception has been f***ed. **update FYI**

Posted by   + Show Post

My reception is supposed to be on the 21st of July. We're super broke, so we were planning a small wedding in a family member's garden. Well DH's aunt told him that she tore her garden up too much for our wedding to happen any more. We have no money for a venue, which is why we chose a backyard. This has been planned for months and now all of a sudden it has to be scrapped. I am NOT DEALING WELL! I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF! I WANT TO CALL DH'S AUNT AND YELL AT HER STUPID FACE!!! WHO DOES THIS??? WHO???

*cries*

I'm so tired of feeling worthless.

Hey you guys can get over it, I did. Lol!

**Update for the ones who wanna know**

We're doing super quick I do's to make it legal  and dancing at the gay bar. We're doing the reception as planned next summer, either in DH's aunts garden or our own. :)

Thanks for letting a bitch vent! ;)

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (661-668):
April620
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM
If its that important to you then get another job and come up with the money

Quoting lalaboosh:

It's $ 200 to do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

you can get your name changed without needing to get married here in oregon.  just fill out the paperwork for a name change

Quoting lalaboosh:

Oregon laws are too restrictive on the name change, so we decided to make it legal in WA.

Quoting bluesky51201:

They have to have another wedding because they weren't smart enough to just go ahead and make it legal. I can't get the point of saying the vows if they're not going to be binding and you're going to have to do it again. Sounds like someone has a desperate need for attention.

Quoting KitT.Kat:

Ah, I get what happened.

You were planning a wedding this summer in her garden. Then you got "married" early because you couldn't wait and the aunt said to herself, "fuck this, why am I getting all this shit ready for a wedding when they just run off and do it early somewhere else, those ungrateful brats."

That's what happened. I'm with her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM
It says all that right up there in the OP. Why would I have to read all the replies to get that? And why is everyone bashing OP?

Quoting KitT.Kat:

OK, OP's DH aunt was busy preparing her garden for a wedding when OP eloped with her husband and had a big wedding with family that she posted a shit ton of pictures of on here. The aunt then tore up her garden to do some landscaping. OP was upset because now she couldn't enjoy the second, planned wedding on her aunt's dime at her home.

Quoting charliebean:

I'm not about to read 60-some pages just to find it why everyone is bashing her. Why dont you just tell me?

Quoting Amanda52007:

Read the post. You'll change your views. Lol

Quoting charliebean:

What a cunt. Call her up and say "Guess who's uninvited now?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Cause it was rude of OP to go have this big shin-dig but not make it legal and expect the aunt to keep working her ass off to provide another venue for another wedding to make that legal. I would be offended if I had been working for months on preparing my house for guests, and the person I was hosting it for ran off to do her wedding thing somewhere else.

Quoting charliebean:

It says all that right up there in the OP. Why would I have to read all the replies to get that? And why is everyone bashing OP?

Quoting KitT.Kat:

OK, OP's DH aunt was busy preparing her garden for a wedding when OP eloped with her husband and had a big wedding with family that she posted a shit ton of pictures of on here. The aunt then tore up her garden to do some landscaping. OP was upset because now she couldn't enjoy the second, planned wedding on her aunt's dime at her home.

Quoting charliebean:

I'm not about to read 60-some pages just to find it why everyone is bashing her. Why dont you just tell me?

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting charliebean:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Because she's being a whiny twat. 

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting KitT.Kat:

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting charliebean:

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Actually, OP's DH's aunt was not preparing her garden at all for her wedding, just doing her thing as usual when OP eloped with her husband and had a tiny private wedding with DH's parents and posted a shit ton of pictures on here. Then aunt then tore up her garden to do some landscaping. OP was upset because now she couldn't enjoy the RECEPTION SHE PLANNED that her DH's aunt OFFERED to help out with.

Just in case you wanted the actual story and not the one that is being made up. :)

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting charliebean:

charliebean
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
That's what I understood, so I guess everyone else got mixed up. I still think she's a cunt.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Actually, OP's DH's aunt was not preparing her garden at all for her wedding, just doing her thing as usual when OP eloped with her husband and had a tiny private wedding with DH's parents and posted a shit ton of pictures on here. Then aunt then tore up her garden to do some landscaping. OP was upset because now she couldn't enjoy the RECEPTION SHE PLANNED that her DH's aunt OFFERED to help out with.

Just in case you wanted the actual story and not the one that is being made up. :)

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting charliebean:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I'm not sure if she did this on purpose yet or not. My husband knows her better than I do and he said she tends to take on too much. My ADD brain is totally twisting it up into 'she hates me!'

LOL!

At least I'm providing entertainment, right? (Here on CM, I mean)

Quoting charliebean:

That's what I understood, so I guess everyone else got mixed up. I still think she's a cunt.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting charliebean:

Quoting Amanda52007:

Quoting charliebean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)