Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where would you put the 6 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 86 Replies

Poll

Question: Where should he sleep?

Options:

It's fine to have them all sleep in the same room. It will be like a big slumber party

Have the 4 year old girl sleep in mom and dad's room and have the boys share a room

Keep the siblings together and have the 6 year old sleep in the play room by himself

something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 122

View Results

I have a childhood best friend. She is coming in to town to go on a 4 day vacation with her husband for their anniversary. Her son is 6 and she's never been away from him. She was originally leaving him with a friend but today she was texting me about things to do that were kid friendly. I told her she could leave her son with me, if it made her feel better and then spend the four days alone with her husband in the city. Then her son would only be an hour away, and because we've known each other since we were 9, we trust one another like blood. We haven't done a great job of keeping in contact and I've only met her son once, like two years ago. I have a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy that share a room. I'm thinking having him sleep in there might not be the best decision. I don't have kids that age, so it's hard for me to really kind of know where he is at, developmentally....so where would you put him for four days?

I thought about setting him up in the playroom, but all by himself in a strage house? Sounds stressful for him, to me.

His mom says he'd be fine in the room with the kids and it's up to me.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I would never leave boys in a room with girls. I just wouldnt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I would put him wherever he felt comfortable. I would not have a single issue putting him in your kids room though if there is room even a pallet on the floor as long as he wont be stepped on usually though when we have kids over we just let all the kids have a camp out in the play room and let them have a fun movie popcorn night or even the living room since it's bigger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Quoting iluv2meow:

I would never leave boys in a room with girls. I just wouldnt.

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

bump

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM

move the girl to the playroom, switch out her sheets and bedding to something more "boyish" if you have it like an extra one of your sons bedding sets and let the boys sleep in the one room... orrrr make it like a "camping fun trip" and set a tent up in the playroom and let both boys sleep in there and have the girl stay in her room. 
may I ask why the 2 kids share a room if you could easily convert the playroom into a bed room??? 

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM
When my DF younger nephews spend the night they stay in the room with my dd. They are 5 and 7. They also share rooms with brothers at their homes so they can't sleep alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I think they would be ok in a room together. My three year old boy and six year old dd share a room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quoting Lynzee.Limon:

move the girl to the playroom, switch out her sheets and bedding to something more "boyish" if you have it like an extra one of your sons bedding sets and let the boys sleep in the one room... orrrr make it like a "camping fun trip" and set a tent up in the playroom and let both boys sleep in there and have the girl stay in her room. 
may I ask why the 2 kids share a room if you could easily convert the playroom into a bed room??? 

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I know he's just a kid....so that's why I feel bad for even questioning it, but we have a house rule. When we have overnight guest, no matter how much we trust them, even family.....our children sleep in our room with us. That being said this is a 6  year old, but also a 6 year old I don't know. I don't want to be weird and over protective.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would put him wherever he felt comfortable. I would not have a single issue putting him in your kids room though if there is room even a pallet on the floor as long as he wont be stepped on usually though when we have kids over we just let all the kids have a camp out in the play room and let them have a fun movie popcorn night or even the living room since it's bigger.

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Because we are building a play room in the basement for them. I like them to sleep in a room with no toys. They love sharing a room. They are best friends.

Quoting Lynzee.Limon:

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)