Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you fire the nanny?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 317 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you send the nanny packing?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 531

View Results

If you find out your spouse is cheating and then find out the nanny knew but didn't tell you would you fire the nanny?

To be clear no one was bonking the nanny. She just knew of the affair and kept quiet.

Background on the nanny. She is someone you met through your oldest child's daycare and she became your nanny when you decided to pull your child from the daycare. She is not your friend or your spouses friend. She has been with you 5 years and you've had two more children since she started. Nanny does not live in, she works 50-60 hours a week for you but she goes home to her house and husband every night.

Edit******

I think I need to clarify a few things because although I'm anon I don't appreciate my morals being questioned. I am the nanny in this situation, this is not exactly how the story unfolded though. I didn't know the father was having an affair. I just wanted to throw the question out there because I thought it was an interesting twist to my particular story.

Now on to my character. I am not and have not ever slept with the husband and I take offense to the women accusing me of doing that. Right off the bat morally I could never sleep with a married man let alone my boss. Second he is a disgusting pig who expects his wife and I to clean up after him, I don't find that attractive in the least. Third the man is not my type whatsoever. I don't find him cute or hot or sexy or anything. Fourth I'm happily married with a wonderful sex life, I don't need to find sex elsewhere.

It also goes without saying since I had no clue he was cheating that he was not paying me off to keep it quiet.

I think some of you read way to much into posts or spend to much time on the lifetime network. Real life isn't as exciting as y'all make it out to be.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

First thought would probably be yes, because I'd be pissed off at the world.

But I don't think she deserves to get fired for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably be so pissed off that I would fire her and the butler! 

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:17 PM
5 moms liked this
No... who wants to willingly be in someones drama?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:17 PM
36 moms liked this
No, her job is to provide care to the children, not to step into the middle of family drama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Would you hire a butler just so you could fire him? :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I would probably be so pissed off that I would fire her and the butler! 

danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Nope, it isn't the business of the nanny.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
10 moms liked this

She is working for both of you and she is in the middle. She probably thought she was dammed if she did and dammed  if she didn't. I wouldn't fire her

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
6 moms liked this
She doesn't owe you anything because his affair has nothing to do with her job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NVL0707
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
6 moms liked this
No,its not fair to expect her to put herself in the middle of your marriage issues.She's there to care for the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.nerds
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
No. It isn't her place to police your marriage. That's her boss and for all she knew you could be okay with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured