Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Could Switch Places with me ....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 50 Replies

If you could switch places with me for 2 weeks then return home, how would you feel, what would you change, and what would you take away from it?  

I'm a full-time working mom

i get up at 5:40 am.  I drive 40 min to work and stop twice on the way there to drop the kids off at daycare and camp and stop twice on the way back.  I work for an auto insurance company (medical claims).  I sit at a cubicle and spend a lot of time on the phone talking to customers.  My files, customer service, and behaivors are monitored and graded every month.  My average at the end of the year determines my bonus, whether or not I get raise, and promotions. The people I work with are great and I really enjoy my job. My schedule is 7:30 am to 4:15pm  After an 8 hour work day, I drive 40 min home, make two stops on the way to get the kids (the commute turns into an hour).  My DH cooks dinner or goes to play disc golf.  On disc golf nights I cook dinner.  I do the dishes.  We sit at the table with the kids probably about 3 days a week and we all say our favorite thing about the day.  We break after dinner and I play on CM while DH watches TV in the living room and kids play in their room.  Then we do baths at 8pm and bed by 9-9:15 pm.  I go to bed at 9:30.  ON the weekends I do the laundry and house cleaning (DH helps with cleaning).  Saturdays are all day disc golf days.  DH mows the lawn and we both cook on the weekends.  He usually grills on Friday nights and we watch a movie together.  We often have family get togethers on weekends as well.  

That's my typical week.  Now, tell me how you'd handle switching places with me for a couple of weeks and how you'd think I'd fare switching with you!  Have fun with it!  

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Lol sounds busy
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol sounds busy

it is my dear.  

TxCowGirl07
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It is a little busier than my schedule, but it looks like you have things planned out very well and divide the household chores up between the two of you.  I like the 40 min drive in the morning and evening, to me, driving is relaxing and lets me organize the day and think about tomorrow.

sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM
When do you get to play disc golf??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I get up at 5:15 a.m., dropp DD off at daycare. Am where I'm supposed to be at 6:10ish. Stay at work all day. Pick DD up at about 5:15 p.m., rush home, cook, bath the kiddo, clean up and shower and have her in bed by 8. Wake up the next day and do it all over again. I'll trade. I'm tired of rushing before and after work.

eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM
How many kids and what are their ages?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Before I answer, what is disk golf and does you DH work also?

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Truthfully. I wouldn't trade places with you.  I'm at a different stage of life and I would not like (at all) going backwards. lol

My life: Retired, one adult child, spend my time and days doing whatever I want whenever I want. Live in the middle of the city in a high rise, no lawn to take care of. My SO (20 years and counting) and I spend our lives just living at this point. No hussle and bussle, no stress really, no having to run here or there, no small children to care for..etc.  

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sPiCyNiNjAkItTy:

When do you get to play disc golf??

LOL ppl ask me this all the time.  I'm allowed to take my time anytime I want to, but honestly, Im just to freaking tired to go out.  I do talk to my friend on skype on Saturdays though while he's gone.  She's too far away for get togethers.  As long as i get my girl chat time, I'm good.  

ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM
I really wouldn't wanna trade you and I don't know that anyone would trade me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)