Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you expect your 18 year olds

Posted by   + Show Post

To move out of your house upon turning 18 or start paying you rent?

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (161-170):
parentalrights1
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

There was a poster in another group whose mom lied about the rent cost and charged her 1k per month. She had other siblings who weren't being charged and her mom later was caught in the lie and admitted the rent was 400 and she just wanted spending money and knew she had nowhere else to go due to some disability or something

Quoting Anonymous:

No....i expect them to help and pay rent. But i wont be like my Mom and charge $600 ,a month like she did to me when i was a single mother

5tyli5hLensT
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
yep this is us two

Quoting rosemagic01:

If he's 18 and graduated and is not going to college (although I really hope he chooses college!) and still living here yes I want him to give us money monthly. My husband and I have already discussed it. It would be more or less 'insurance' that he will one day move out we would just save that money until he's ready to move and give it back so that he can get on his feet. 

If he's in college he will be rent free until he's done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Nope! My girls can live with me for as long as they want rent free as long as they are going to school or working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustThe10ofUs
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM
nope.....they are welcome to live here as long as they follow our rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Get out
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

With my sons  as long as they were in college they lived rent free.  Once out of school they were charged a nominal amount( 50 bucks a week) until they moved out on their own

andreahm
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I dont expect him to move out when hes 18... and I kinda doubt I will charge him rent or ask for help on the light bill if hes going to school. Now if he decides college is out... you bet he will be charged something. Because I will be steaming mad LOL. He needs to at least be in a trade school or college...something other than just getting a job.

CafeMom Tickers
KristyCat
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Well, my mom asked me to keep a full time job and contribute, so I did. But it's not like she'd totally kick me out if I lost my job or something. I like being able to help her. She does soooo much for me and I don't want her to be stressed about money. I actually go above and beyond what she asks for sometimes just to make sure she's alright.

Rylansmommy386
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I like this one

Quoting waitWHAT:

My daughter will still be in high school when she's 18 but at 19 It's -

College- rent free

No college- pay up or move out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN