Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sex After Baby? What's That??

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 107 Replies
6 moms liked this

There are so many reasons why a new mom might avoid having sex after giving birth: pain, tiredness, post-partum depression, being uncomfortable with the changes in her body. There are even some medical conditions common in new moms - with symptoms that mimic plain-old new mom exhaustion - that can affect libido, too.

Here's what you need to know about getting your mojo back and your groove on - including the person you should be having more sex with (hint - it's not your partner!). Watch for it at about 5:30 into the video.

What's your libido been like since having kids?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tracylynnr67
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM
14 moms liked this

I had 4 children in 5 years so pretty obviously my libido was never affected after giving birth. Hubby and I have had a pretty good sex life for all of our marriage and we'll be married for 27 years in October.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
29 moms liked this

When I am pouring milk everywhere and bleeding on everything I really don't wanna do it. Not to mention when I have been up half the night BF seriously don't touch me.

Punkylu78
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine wasnt very good right after my first baby but I found it again real fast! Just like the first poster, we had 4 kids within 5 yrs, so I wasn't affected too much! Lol :) and honestly our sex life is better now then it ever has been!!
helema24
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

dang it i am always ready for it right after but my body says no.......ehem dern it for the times i tore haveing a child!!

Luna091306
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hmmm....I don't think I have been affected. I had my lil one almost 2 weeks ago and I'm already ready to go. lol Just waiting until it's "safe" again.....grrrrr

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

My DH and I had 5 pregnancies in 6 yrs (4 births) so post pregnancy issues was never an issue. We actually never even waited the 6 wks they say to wait...not even after my c-section lol. While our sex life has had some up and downs they were never caused by post preg feelings/issues. We have gone through our biggest issue here lately and are finally (hopefully) working it out oddly enough it does have to do with pregnancy but in the sense of not being able to agree on where we stood on having more children.

pittymama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

my LO is almost a month old and i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready, just waiting for my 4 week check because i had 3 stitches. i was ready 1 week PP. 

seksen
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was ready about 2 weeks after having DS.. but had to wait longer because I was so sore from having a C-Section

MAyers
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
After #1 about 2 weeks after I was more then ready to go. After #2 I didn't want him to touch me for about 2 years.
foxysugarlove
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My libido seems higher than ever after kids lol. After Baby #2 I was too impatient so we got busy after about a week or so. Now we get intimate about once a day and it's been two years since the last baby. So I think we're doing ok! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)