Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding ring discourages cheating.

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 73 Replies

Will an 'I'm married' imprint wedding ring discourage cheating?

By Samantha Randazzo, Styleite

Do you ever look at a particularly strange product and wonder who pitched it in a boardroom - and what team of brand executives thought it was a good idea?

A new "anti-cheating" titanium wedding band, sold for $550 on TheCheeky.com, has the words "I'm Married" carved on the inside. The site promises that the engraving will imprint the wearer with the phrase, thus preventing them from simply taking off their wedding band and cheating. This ring has caused quite a buzz around the Interwebs, which is no surprise, because it raises quite a few questions:

1. Wouldn't the imprint fade in 20 minutes, giving the wearer ample time to carry out their, um, plans?
  2. What if the person who is cheating with the wearer simply doesn't care that they're married? (Or, as an especially observant Twitter user pointed out, what if they can't read?!)
  3. If you feel the need to purchase this, shouldn't you reexamine your relationship?

Basically, this item would be purchased under the assumption that its wearer was going to be unfaithful at some point, which really should be a deal breaker at the start. Furthermore, we're guessing that men won't be too keen to slip this on their fingers, because it brands them as potential cheaters. And we say "men" only because there doesn't appear to be a women's version at all.

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:56 PM
7 moms liked this
Hm.

What do you think about people getting tattoos as wedding bands. Now those are cheater-proof, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM
5 moms liked this

That's stupid, nothing's gonna stop a cheater.

lilblu399
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM
14 moms liked this
There are men and women who have cheated, rings on, in the house, with the pictures hanging on the wall! If they're gonna cheat, they're gonna cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frickie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I know some girls see a wedding ring as a challenge.

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Based on many post on here, it would not make a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

If your husband needs that in order to not cheat, there is a problem.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have known some trifling hussies that went after married men on purpose. So any sort of sign that a man is married is like catnip to them.  This won't stop anyone from cheating.

EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think a freaking tattoo on your forehead saying "Im Married" will change the mind of a cheater. lol

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Dang, why don't I just tattoo it on him.

Or I could trust him.

Hmmmm...decisions...decisions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:06 PM

As the others have already stated, cheaters will cheat, ring or not.  Plain & simple.  For some people, the ring makes it a bigger challenge, a higher goal.  I've known people who target the ones with the rings simply to see if they can add them to their conquests.

Now, on a more logical note...the only way a ring would leave an imprint of that sort is if the ring was so tight someone couldn't get it off anyway.  If a ring is loose enough to remove from your finger, then it naturally spins on your finger throughout your daily activities.  Even ones with raised stones.  The stones simply keep them from spinning a full 360 degrees.  So, honestly, I look at that picture and have to wonder how real it is.  And if it's real, how tight did the ring have to be to make such an impression.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN