Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just poured his beer down.... edit 2/ update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The sink.

Every so often, fine. Special occasion, fine. Every night? Fuck no. I grew up with an alcoholic. I won't allow it in my home now.

**he did apologize after I dumped it**

*update*

We talked.
I started off by apologizing for reacting without talking first. He apologized, and said he was being selfish. I told him my fears, and he admitted to using it as a crutch. He got mad at himself, then thanked me for dumping it.

His words: I don't want to end up like my father. I don't want to lose you guys.

Edit***
Since I hate to repeat myself
1. no, he is not an alcoholic. Alcoholism runs on both sides of our family, and its hereditary. One a night can easily turn into a problem.
2. Our baby sleeps in a co-sleeper next to our bed. Sometimes he wakes up with ds and lays him down to nurse without waking me. One beer makes him very tired, and he has fallen asleep with ds on the bed. Thankfully, one of us has always woken up and moved him. It only happens when he drinks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I did this a couple times with my alcoholic husband. Lived with it for 7 years. Funny thing is, the thing that finally got him sober, was finding out I was having an affair. We are one screwed up couple, but at least he's sober, and I'm no longer a whore lol.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

LMAO

feel better? good.

first off...idc about your Reply Pt II. i based my reply off of what you wrote. if you dont want anyone to think youre a super control freak, or to "know the full story" perhaps throw in more of the heart tugging details to begin with. otherwise, accept that not everyone will want to extract answers from you.

i find it hilariously ironic that you said *I* have the overly bitchy super mom act. lol. take out the dramatic "you dont know me!" and "kiss my ass!" parts of your reply, and youre down to about 3 sentences. LOL *pats your head* it'll be ok. keep working on that e-tough act. you'll get it down.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

First off, we made this decision together because he has had drinking problems in the past, even while we were together. so kiss my ass. secondly we arent married yet, thirdly fuck off. Alcoholism runs in both of our families. my mother is dead because of it and his mother just barely made it out alive. So before you go judging people you should get a full story, maybe ask a question or two, or simply pull your head out of your ass and move on to someone who is willing to play victiom to your overly bitchy super mom act. Youre the pathetic one throwing stones.

Quoting dmarie2101:

youre not controlling at all. 

lol.

your mother was an alcoholic. not your husband. you had to take care of her, not him. stop punishing him for what she did. so hes grown enough, good enough, trustworthy enough for you to marry, to let him take care of you, to go to war....but not grown, good, or trustworthy enough to decide when he wants a drink without your permission? thats pathetic. good luck with that.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

I like this and i would do the same. my mother was an alcoholic and i started having to take care of her when i was 8 years old. There is no need to drink beer or any alcohol every night in my opinion. I let my SO drink on occasional weekends when we dont have anything going on, if he has had a bad day at work, i will make him a rum and coke to relax, and he gets to go out to the bar with his army buddies every once in awhile. But i dont like keeping beer in my fridge all the time. it makes me uncomfortable.

TimeEnough4Love
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

My mother was a depressive bipolar who was abusive. She tried to kill herself when i was 7 after divorcing my father who she was married to for 15 years. He abandoned us and had a family in another state.  Her second husband was also abusive and alcoholic. He would beat her, she would beat me, and around and around we would go. Finally child services stepped in. Alcohol wasnt allowed in the house. So she resorted to drinking listerine. She divorced her second husband and we moved to Texas, where she took up her heavy drinking again until she died in 2007.  I took care of her all those years, and even though i was angry with her choices and refusal to get help, i was there for her until the end. And i have promised myself i will never go down the road she did.

There are better things out there, and alcohol will never solve your problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry for your loss and upbringing.

My mom was an abusive alcoholic. She's recovered. His dad was too I guess, then he took off when dh was 2

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Thank you. :) I lost my mother ten years later. She was a heavy drinker with alot of problems. I dont blame people for what happened to her. But i am aware of what runs in my family history and his, and because of that i am careful about consumption in my house. My daughter will never have to go through what i went through if i have anything to do about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

*hugs*

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

First off, we made this decision together because he has had drinking problems in the past, even while we were together. so kiss my ass. secondly we arent married yet, thirdly fuck off. Alcoholism runs in both of our families. my mother is dead because of it and his mother just barely made it out alive. So before you go judging people you should get a full story, maybe ask a question or two, or simply pull your head out of your ass and move on to someone who is willing to play victiom to your overly bitchy super mom act. Youre the pathetic one throwing stones.

Quoting dmarie2101:

lol.

your mother was an alcoholic. not your husband. you had to take care of her, not him. stop punishing him for what she did. so hes grown enough, good enough, trustworthy enough for you to marry, to let him take care of you, to go to war....but not grown, good, or trustworthy enough to decide when he wants a drink without your permission? thats pathetic. good luck with that.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

I like this and i would do the same. my mother was an alcoholic and i started having to take care of her when i was 8 years old. There is no need to drink beer or any alcohol every night in my opinion. I let my SO drink on occasional weekends when we dont have anything going on, if he has had a bad day at work, i will make him a rum and coke to relax, and he gets to go out to the bar with his army buddies every once in awhile. But i dont like keeping beer in my fridge all the time. it makes me uncomfortable.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
TimeEnough4Love
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Find someone else to troll. you are boring me.

Quoting dmarie2101:

LMAO

feel better? good.

first off...idc about your Reply Pt II. i based my reply off of what you wrote. if you dont want anyone to think youre a super control freak, or to "know the full story" perhaps throw in more of the heart tugging details to begin with. otherwise, accept that not everyone will want to extract answers from you.

i find it hilariously ironic that you said *I* have the overly bitchy super mom act. lol. take out the dramatic "you dont know me!" and "kiss my ass!" parts of your reply, and youre down to about 3 sentences. LOL *pats your head* it'll be ok. keep working on that e-tough act. you'll get it down.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Quoting dmarie2101:

lol.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Big BIG hugs mama!****

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

My mother was a depressive bipolar who was abusive. She tried to kill herself when i was 7 after divorcing my father who she was married to for 15 years. He abandoned us and had a family in another state.  Her second husband was also abusive and alcoholic. He would beat her, she would beat me, and around and around we would go. Finally child services stepped in. Alcohol wasnt allowed in the house. So she resorted to drinking listerine. She divorced her second husband and we moved to Texas, where she took up her heavy drinking again until she died in 2007.  I took care of her all those years, and even though i was angry with her choices and refusal to get help, i was there for her until the end. And i have promised myself i will never go down the road she did.

There are better things out there, and alcohol will never solve your problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry for your loss and upbringing.

My mom was an abusive alcoholic. She's recovered. His dad was too I guess, then he took off when dh was 2

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Thank you. :) I lost my mother ten years later. She was a heavy drinker with alot of problems. I dont blame people for what happened to her. But i am aware of what runs in my family history and his, and because of that i am careful about consumption in my house. My daughter will never have to go through what i went through if i have anything to do about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

*hugs*

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Quoting dmarie2101:

lol.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

lol @ troll. youre mad bc i didnt care to interview you about your initial reply. so you cry about my reply to you, and whine that i dont know the whole story about your mother, and his mother, and whatever else. im not really sure how this is escaping your grasp of comprehension, but i'll tell you again. do not expect anyone to be a mind reader. do not expect anyone to play red carpet barbie with you.

hopefully you got it this time. i can always use smaller words if needed, though. im helpful like that. :o)

of course im boring you now. thats usually how it goes when someone realizes they just made a huge deal out of nothing. its ok. i forgive you this time. :oD

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Find someone else to troll. you are boring me.

Quoting dmarie2101:

LMAO

feel better? good.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Quoting dmarie2101:

lol.

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

beerabitch69
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Got that right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Says the classy beer guzzling mom haha

Quoting beerabitch69:

OMG......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TimeEnough4Love
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm. I was referred to as red carpet barbie.... im going take that as a compliment. I must be pretty enough to make you feel insecure. It's okay. I get that alot. It isnt your fault. But you see, the thing is, chances are, not  only am i younger than you, probably prettier than you, but more than likely i am also less used up than you are. I have good things going on in my life, and no low self esteem forum creeper is going to have anything to say that will ever break my heart. so, your witty sarcastic replies mean nothing to me. Call me controlling. But at night when i am snuggled up to my soldier after round three of the amazingly hot rough sex we will be having, you wont even cross my mind. You are a puff of wind to me. You'll pass. So, say what you have to say. Clutter this forum with your negative bullshit. It isnt going to bother me one bit. Have fun being a bitter crone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey... what's not classy about guzzling beer? Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

Says the classy beer guzzling mom haha

Quoting beerabitch69:

OMG......

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

no dear. no you werent. lol. again...comprehension. i said no one wants to play red  carpet barbie. its kinda the opposite of what you apparently think.

and lmmfao at your "im stuck so i'll just say im better than you. yeah. im gonna run with that for now." youve gone from poor victim to a condescending narcissist. its kinda hard to pull both of those off at once, perhaps you should just pick one. 

the thing is...everything you just listed...makes you seem pretty shallow. if you really have all the self esteem and "fuck you im better" attitude youre trying to throw out here, you wouldnt feel the need to attempt to use age, looks, and sex as leverage. what happened to asking questions and such before talking about someones life? lol. silly girl. btw...you will think of me, just bc you said you wouldnt. and now you really will, bc youre hellbent on proving me wrong. LOL 

Quoting TimeEnough4Love:

Hmmm. I was referred to as red carpet barbie.... im going take that as a compliment. I must be pretty enough to make you feel insecure. It's okay. I get that alot. It isnt your fault. But you see, the thing is, chances are, not  only am i younger than you, probably prettier than you, but more than likely i am also less used up than you are. I have good things going on in my life, and no low self esteem forum creeper is going to have anything to say that will ever break my heart. so, your witty sarcastic replies mean nothing to me. Call me controlling. But at night when i am snuggled up to my soldier after round three of the amazingly hot rough sex we will be having, you wont even cross my mind. You are a puff of wind to me. You'll pass. So, say what you have to say. Clutter this forum with your negative bullshit. It isnt going to bother me one bit. Have fun being a bitter crone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)