Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear Obama.. Let me get this straight...

Please correct me if Im wrong.. You are saying you are going give illegals a work permit and make it harder for us to find jobs then fine us when we cant afford insurance? Good job jackass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Replies (181-190):
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM

We do okay on ours, but if we have another kid we would struggle.

Like PP said, I think it depends on location too. We live in a very rural county in Virginia, which is why we do okay. If we lived in Nothern Virginia, which is close to DC, there is NO WAY we would survive on just his salary.

Quoting Anonymous:

We are a family of 4 and my husband makes almost 35k. We have no problems surviving and we still end up with a little extra money each month and don't get any kind of assistance. It's not that hard if it's budgeted right. 

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

So, do we know what the subsidizing would look like? I have to be honest- 35k for 4 people is a little ridicoulous. That would be hard for a family of four to live off of. I would think 40 or 50k would hard for them as well.

The only time I got medicaid was when I was pregnant with my daughter- Virginia is good about making sure pregnant women and kids get healthcare, I will give them that. Anyway, when I went into the Health Department, which is where you have to go first, they told me that my fiancee made too much money to get any more than a 5% discount on services. That meant we were responsible for 95%. Luckily, I got Medicaid. He btw made only 38k a year and they said that it was too much for three people (they included the baby in my stomach). I didn't expect them to foot the bill, but I was surprised that that is considered well of.

I think we should really relook what we consider poverty in this country. The standard of living has risen but I don't know that the povery levels reflect that.

JMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think what a lot of people here are failing to realise is that a family of 4 can make less than $95,000 a year and get tax credits that cover the cost of the insurance. A family of 4 that makes less than $35,000 will qualify for medicare.
Most people make less than 400% of the poverty level and therefore will get help with the cost so why are people complaining about being required to have something when the government is willing to help pay for it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband was making less when we were a family of 5. I agree that it does depend on where someone lives. We live in a pretty rural area ourselves and it's much cheaper when we lived closer to te city. 

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

We do okay on ours, but if we have another kid we would struggle.

Like PP said, I think it depends on location too. We live in a very rural county in Virginia, which is why we do okay. If we lived in Nothern Virginia, which is close to DC, there is NO WAY we would survive on just his salary.

Quoting Anonymous:

We are a family of 4 and my husband makes almost 35k. We have no problems surviving and we still end up with a little extra money each month and don't get any kind of assistance. It's not that hard if it's budgeted right. 

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

So, do we know what the subsidizing would look like? I have to be honest- 35k for 4 people is a little ridicoulous. That would be hard for a family of four to live off of. I would think 40 or 50k would hard for them as well.

The only time I got medicaid was when I was pregnant with my daughter- Virginia is good about making sure pregnant women and kids get healthcare, I will give them that. Anyway, when I went into the Health Department, which is where you have to go first, they told me that my fiancee made too much money to get any more than a 5% discount on services. That meant we were responsible for 95%. Luckily, I got Medicaid. He btw made only 38k a year and they said that it was too much for three people (they included the baby in my stomach). I didn't expect them to foot the bill, but I was surprised that that is considered well of.

I think we should really relook what we consider poverty in this country. The standard of living has risen but I don't know that the povery levels reflect that.

JMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think what a lot of people here are failing to realise is that a family of 4 can make less than $95,000 a year and get tax credits that cover the cost of the insurance. A family of 4 that makes less than $35,000 will qualify for medicare.
Most people make less than 400% of the poverty level and therefore will get help with the cost so why are people complaining about being required to have something when the government is willing to help pay for it?

asaffell
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM

*sigh*

I'm assuming you didn't read about the expansion of insurance services to those who would otherwise be without or the credit to families who can't afford it...

Zacksmama82411
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this
exactly and now he's saying he wants to repeal obamacare, that guy doesnt know what he wants!

Quoting qtnik:

Under Mitt Romney. Hahahahaha....oh the funny. 

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

i dont understand why everyones panties are in a bunch? i live in massachusetts and weve had mandated insurance for the past few years, and its not that bad, if you dont have insurance you pay a penalty... this gives people a chance to get medical attention

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Quoting x3.babymama.x3:

Please correct me if Im wrong.. You are saying you are going give illegals a work permit and make it harder for us to find jobs then fine us when we cant afford insurance? Good job jackass!

Yup, your are soooo correct.

qtnik
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't wait for the debates. 

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

exactly and now he's saying he wants to repeal obamacare, that guy doesnt know what he wants!

Quoting qtnik:

Under Mitt Romney. Hahahahaha....oh the funny. 

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

i dont understand why everyones panties are in a bunch? i live in massachusetts and weve had mandated insurance for the past few years, and its not that bad, if you dont have insurance you pay a penalty... this gives people a chance to get medical attention

volcom6980
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree 100% with everything you just said!!!

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

Yes. I go without. You know why? Because I have a lot of illnesses and I got sick, couldn't work, and I LOST MY INSURANCE. When I marry my fiancee I will have insurance, until then I just deal with the chronic pain I'm in. If I try to get insurance now I would not be able to because of my pre-existing conditions. If I wait for ole Barry's insurance plan then if I can't afford it and  I get fined money.

Sounds awesome doesn't it? By the way, in Virginia I couldn't get Medicaid when I made $7.25 an hour (too much money) and then when I was sick they wouldn't give it to me because SS denied me, with they ALWAYS DO. I paid taxes- I worked most of my life, and I can't get the benefits I paid into.. it's bullshit. However, an illegal alien can come into Virginia and get emergency Medicaid while I, a US citizen, that has paid into the system, can't.

And YES, they ARE taking jobs. The employment rate in the US is crazy right now. SOMEONE would do those jobs.

I don't know who Barry is looking out for, but it isn't me.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Why would it be harder for you to find a job?  Those "illegals" aren't taking YOUR jobs.

As for affording insurance?  What do you do now?  Go without?  (What happens when you go to the doctor, or if you had a catostrophic illness or injury?)  Medicaid?  (why should the taxpayers foot YOUR bill?)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babysloves
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM

ummm illigals aren't taking "your jobs" they are just getting the same opportunity as us to get a job wether they get it or not is up to the employer, and acoording to many Latinos and some other races are more hard working than us because thats what they come to this contry for, To Work and many uf us dont see that. If we dont have a job we just sit our ass down and get unemployed benifits and other goverment benifits wich them on the other side dont get any, sooo calm ur white ass out and pretend like ur better than anyone else and that "US" Americans deserve everything bc we dont!!!!!!!!!!

babysloves
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

umm some illegals do Jobs that us as Americans could never do. Either because we think we are too good for those jobs or because we are just to lazy and dont want to get out in the sun working all day like many of them do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Why should health insurance continue to be a choice when collectively the people are the ones paying the consequence for other's negligence?

Quoting Anonymous:

Currently the costs we pay are pretty affordable and like I said my husband and I rarely get sick. I'm not okay being forced to do something when it should be a choice. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So you don't mind continuing to pay escalating costs, both in taxes AND in healthcare, when you don't even have ANY personal coverage?

This bill expands Medicaid, for children AND adults. It caps egregious profits on insurance companies AND makes them prove they are spending your hard earned money on actual healthcare. It will create a competitive market so that people like you will actually be able to have insurance and survive without losing everything should something catastrophic happen. It stops everyone from eating the cost of other people's negligence.

If something like that is being forced, it's because the entire system is broken, and we, the people, are the ones who have been suffering. It eases our collective burden. I'm ok with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

The ONLY assistance we get is PeachCare for Kids for both of our children and we do pay a small monthly premium for that. 

I don't believe in going to the ER for non-emergency things, waist of peoples time and a waste of our money so we don't do that. The last time I went to an ER was back in 2005 (maybe 2004) when I had a gallbladder attack. The last time my husband went to an ER was when he broke his ankle walking down a hill to go get me some conditioner (long story). LOL! That was in 2007 or 2008 if I remember correctly. 

If we are sick enough to go to a doctor we go to one of those clinics at CVS or Walgreens and pay out of pocket, however, my husband and I rarely get sick.  If we don't feel we are sick enough to go to a doctor then we just deal with it at home. 

And, I agree that everyone does need insurance at some point...I just don't agree that it should be forced. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I see that, but it will end up benefitting us. Right now, if you don't have insurance, you are dealing with things in one of 3 ways if something happens.

1. On public assistance (emergency medicaid). Which means taxpayers eat the cost.

2. Getting ER treatment and more than likely getting the bill reduced or even written off. Which means insurance policy holders are eating the cost with higher premiums and more expensive treatment options.

3. People aren't getting ANY care and suffering. Which should affect anybody with a conscience.

So now, by offering more affordable and easier accessed insurance, it should make people more personally responsible and take the burden off of others. And if they choose not to have insurance? They are penalized and still have to help ease the burden, if they can. Because if something happens, which there is a high probability of, then they will still need health insurance. EVERYONE does, at some point.

Quoting Anonymous:

But the point is if somone doesn't get insurance then they are fined. It's complete BS, IMO. 

What is going to be the next thing that the government will force Americans to do? 

Quoting Anonymous:

There are hardship waivers and financial waivers if you can't pay the fine. It is income based, and only $95 the first year, I believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's being FORCED! Why is that so hard to understand? 

If my husband is, by chance, making too much to get it free like some people will when this all goes into effect and if at that time we still possibly can't afford to pay for insurance even at reduced costs then how is that fair that we will be fined???????????????

Quoting baquick:

Why is something that is GOING TO HELP YOU and provide care if something happens to you such an uproar?!?!?!?? What if you get in a wreck? Get cancer? Have major medical issues? won't the fact that health care was mandated SAVE YOUR LIFE??

Yes, the money factor sucks, but there are changes being made to programs to help those who can not afford it get insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of us are against it because we are being FORCED to get it and if we don't we pay a fine for not having it. How is that so wonderful? 

Car insurance is still a CHOICE because you get to CHOOSE if you want to drive or not. If you CHOOSE to drive then you have to have insurance. Same with house insurance and renter's insurance....it's all a CHOICE.....healthcare no longer is. 

Quoting baquick:

Thats just a little dramatic. You pay a fine... I dot see why people are so against a campaign that while sucks (money wise) will help for a healthier America. We (general) bitch about how unhealthy America is, how we let our health go bc we have no way to get insurance, etc. other counties have been doing mandated health care for years now. Even some states.

I'm sure that people had the same reaction when mandated car insurance started.

Quoting militarywife09:

Becuase we have the OPTION for all of that. Don't want car insurance? Don't get a car. Don't want homeowners insurance? Don't buy a house. Don't want health insurance? Go kill yourself? How is that OK?

Quoting baquick:

I really don't see the difference between mandated health insurance and mandated car insurance and house insurance and places that required renters insurance. *shrugs*

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)