Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATED: The Bus Monitor who Was Bulllied... I will probably get bashed for this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm sure most of you have heard about the bus moinitor who was bullied, the video was put online and now she's received over 700k in donations so she can retire.

If you haven't................ google it.

Well, what bothers me is that she was a BUS MONITOR and she did NOT stand up for herself and tell the kids to stop and be quiet. When the kids bullied other kids on the bus, did she just sit there too and do absolutely nothing???  Did she not protect the other kids from bullying???????????

UPDATE:  I am glad she received the money.  She can invest it at about 5% and live off of 35k until she dies then her grandkids/kids/charity whoever will receive a nice heritance :)  I am HAPPY and not jealous that she got it. 

I did NOT say she deserved to be treated like that and I do NOT agree with how the boys treated her.  No idea why you thought that but anyway...

I just meant that I would not want her personally as a bus monitor on my kids bus because if she does not protect htem from being verbally abused it is NOT a safe environment for my kids. (My kds don't ride a bus anyway, I would never let them ride one)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Blue footballs are the way to go man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
You are most likely one of the bullies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM
4 moms liked this

She should have never been hired as a BUS MONITOR if she cannot stand up for herself or the kids she's hired to protect!

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM
7 moms liked this
She was probably a horrible choice for a bus monitor, I will agree with you there, but that does not excuse the way she was treated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

What if she did, but the school just ignored it?  It's bad enough if a parent tries to report it, most likely nothing still gets done. I'm sure the negative attention is definitely causing the school to take action now. 

heartnhidin
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
4 moms liked this
If you read the original article the goal was 5,000 dollars to send her on vacation. On the Today show she said she also plans on donating a portion of the money to programs for autistic children and children with down syndrome.

Also if she said anything to those children now a days you would lose your job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
5 moms liked this
What would have been the point in her talking back to those ghetto trash kids? They would have just laughed and kept doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

If the video was showing bullying of another kid, and she was just sitting there doing nothing (like she was doing when they were bullying her) we ALL KNOW that she would be getting bashed on TV for doing NOTHING

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Wow! 700k?  I'd take a few days or even years of some stupid kids yelling crap at me for that much money in a second!

MommyOfTheBest2
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Maybe it wasn't a first, maybe she had exhausted her options and remaining silent (mostly) was all she could do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)