Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would she allow her daughter to do this in front of people???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went over to my friends house for a playdate, I have a 2 1/2 year old and she has a 2 and 5 year old. When I was there her 5 year old went and laid down on one of the couches and started dry humping her hands(masterbating). The Mom didnt say anything to her and didnt try to stop her.

I dont think it is something a parent should allow their child to do right in front of guests. I expecially dont want her teaching my children that that is acceptable behavior in front of people. I refuse to go there with my children again. I dont even know what to say to her.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I see, I hope you clarified. When I was around 3ish I kissed a baby doll at my daycare center. The lady said don't do that it's dirty. I assume now she meant the doll was dirty, but back then I took it as what I did was dirty. It's one of my first memories. Odd I know.

Quoting abigailesmommy:

Dirty as in there are germs and touching herself, picking her nose, and scratching her butt would get germs on her hands that she would spread... Not dirty as in her being nasty.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I think telling her it's "dirty" is wrong. Are you Catholic?

Quoting abigailesmommy:

It is normal behavior but I don't think it is acceptable. Scratching you butt is normal too but due to germs and things it should be done. I told my daughter that it is dirty and that she needed to wash her hands. I refused to tell her to go to her room or someplace private. I had a big backlash from her doctor and a few friends saying that I was going to stunt her sexual growth as an adult.... know what? I am ok with that... I will also be the mom who will tell her no sex until she is married. (sorry if that offends)

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Just tell the friend it makes you uneasy and ask her what she is going to do about it.
It is normal for kids to explore their bodies, after all it feels good. At that age, she should probably be told to do it in her bedroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Umm, yeah...that needs to be addressed.  There are things that need to be done in private.  I am just more concerned as to why a 5 year old would be masterbating?  I didn't think that was normal?  Correct me if I am wrong here.

abigailesmommy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

We did. My daughter and I talk about everything. I am very honest with her. I asked her why she did it. She said she didn't know. I asked if it just felt good. She said yes. I told her I know that it can feel good but touching your pee pee parts is dirty because there are lots of germs and things that we don't want in or near our mouths and that she puts her hands in her mouth all the time. I also explained that this is the reason we wash our hands after we go potty. She understood. 

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I see, I hope you clarified. When I was around 3ish I kissed a baby doll at my daycare center. The lady said don't do that it's dirty. I assume now she meant the doll was dirty, but back then I took it as what I did was dirty. It's one of my first memories. Odd I know.

Quoting abigailesmommy:

Dirty as in there are germs and touching herself, picking her nose, and scratching her butt would get germs on her hands that she would spread... Not dirty as in her being nasty.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting abigailesmommy:

It is normal behavior but I don't think it is acceptable. Scratching you butt is normal too but due to germs and things it should be done. I told my daughter that it is dirty and that she needed to wash her hands. I refused to tell her to go to her room or someplace private. I had a big backlash from her doctor and a few friends saying that I was going to stunt her sexual growth as an adult.... know what? I am ok with that... I will also be the mom who will tell her no sex until she is married. (sorry if that offends)

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Oh my.....thats inapproiate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Gotcha. I never had that problem with DD, but DS is a blanket humping fool. He seems to have calmed down with it these last few months. I think it's just part of development for some kids.

Quoting abigailesmommy:

We did. My daughter and I talk about everything. I am very honest with her. I asked her why she did it. She said she didn't know. I asked if it just felt good. She said yes. I told her I know that it can feel good but touching your pee pee parts is dirty because there are lots of germs and things that we don't want in or near our mouths and that she puts her hands in her mouth all the time. I also explained that this is the reason we wash our hands after we go potty. She understood. 

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting abigailesmommy:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting abigailesmommy:

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It's normal, it's not masterbating like adults do. It just feels good. My son has gotten erections since birth (I assume all boys do) Sometimes he plays with it, but it's not the same as a grown man. I tell him if he wants to play with it he needs to go to his room, that's normally the end of it.

Quoting LilynAustin:

Umm, yeah...that needs to be addressed.  There are things that need to be done in private.  I am just more concerned as to why a 5 year old would be masterbating?  I didn't think that was normal?  Correct me if I am wrong here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I have worked around children for years.  I have NEVER seen a 5 year old do this in public. So I can't understand why people are saying this is normal. Or are the thousands of children I have seen over the years just NOT normal?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I've never seen it in person either, but I would be mortified like you; I would also be mortified if that was my dd. I wouldn't go bak either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abigailesmommy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Her doctor said that it is a time when they have hormone rushes and body changes that are compariable to puberity.... We actually call it baby puberty. That is part of the cause for terrible two's... they have all these hormones and emotions, but they can't clearly communicate what is wrong. My daughter suddenly became boy crazy. She would chase them and try to kiss them. She would break out. Usually it can last from 18 mths to 4 years (the baby puberity not the playing with themselves)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Gotcha. I never had that problem with DD, but DS is a blanket humping fool. He seems to have calmed down with it these last few months. I think it's just part of development for some kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)