Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

babysitter

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have to go to a wedding next month and I will need to leave ds with a babysitter. He will be 15-months then. The person I chose to watch my ds is my 15yr old cousin. The question is how much do I pay her. I asked her her rates, and she said it doesn't matter. She is shy with asking for money. for all the mamas that use a teenage babysitter, how much do you pay? Is it by the hour or one set price. I am not sure how long we will be gone, maybe like 3-4hrs maybe a little more.

Thank you!!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cassiehmomof3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually do between 25 and 30 bucks for an evening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

30 dollars plus feed her dinner if it's during the evening! 

aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

30 dollars plus feed her dinner if it's during the evening! 

I had planned on cooking dinner or ordering her dinner and prepairing ds some snacks, so all she will have to do it give them to him.

30 seems like a good amount. thank you

writingafwife
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I over pay my baby sitter big time. We do $10 an hour per kid, but my kids are special needs and we know our sitter can use it. My friends with normal kids pay usually 5-10 an hour depending on their kids behavior and tolerance of the babysitter.
aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting writingafwife:

I over pay my baby sitter big time. We do $10 an hour per kid, but my kids are special needs and we know our sitter can use it. My friends with normal kids pay usually 5-10 an hour depending on their kids behavior and tolerance of the babysitter.

I have a well behaved 1yr old. She has watched him before for 1hr while her mom took me to the dr for a u/s after my mirena was put in. That is the only time he has ever been away from me or dh. I am really nervous about leaving.

I though about doing like 7-10per hour, but if we are gone 3hrs that 21-30 and I feel like 21 would be to little bit.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I dont pay family to watch family.

Take her out and buy her something special she has been wanting or a new school outfit

aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommy_me:

I dont pay family to watch family.

Take her out and buy her something special she has been wanting or a new school outfit

Last time she watched Aiden, which was the only time he ever had a sitter, it was for a hour, and she wouldn't take money so I got her some movie passes and gave them to her a few days later.

I wanna pay her because I know she could use the money. She wants to earn money to do stuff. She has always been good at earning money. I have gave her money to clean before (even though I could do it my self) because she wanted to work for summer money.

writingafwife
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Quoting aidenmommy2011:

$21 is an odd number lol I don't pay in odd numbers that and you cant get 21 out of an ATM where I live
aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting writingafwife:

Quoting aidenmommy2011:

$21 is an odd number lol I don't pay in odd numbers that and you cant get 21 out of an ATM where I live

that would be the amount at 7per hour for 3hours. I will probably give her like $30 if its only 3-4hrs, do you like that's enough? I don't want to under pay her. I want to pay her to take care of my baby like I would and I want her to give him lots of attention. She doesn't have to clean at all. Not even pick up his toys. I will do all that. I just want him cared for.

aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)