Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on FS, answer this... UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) 

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month?

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually?

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?

How much of a difference is there between your annual food stamp amount and your tax return amount? Not too much for most, right? So...instead of living off of welfare, how about you use your tax return to pay for your food for the year? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, right? 

But...most won't. Why? Most want to buy things they can't thru the whole year...computers, tv's, etc. Sad. 

End of beating dead horse. Thanks for participating. 

UPDATE: Geez you ladies get so offended so easily. I am not talking about the people who get help for a few months or so. I am obviously talking about the moochers who receive assistance for years. Thus the reason I say they should do this EVERY YEAR. Because they don't know how to manage their freakin money. I know half of you who say "oh I use mine for bills blah blah blah" are the same ones who post about all the crap you bought with your tax return while on FS. Hey, it sucks not having nice shit. But if FS didn't exist and that was the only way you could do it, you wouldn't have a choice would you? Grow the fuck up and quit crying over what you can't have and do something about it instead of living off free money for eternity. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
God blessed me with children, that is not your decision that is my heavenly father jesus christs decision

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a big difference when it's TWELVE freakin people. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and OP, thats a pretty big different. Not much of a mathematically wizard are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) : 12

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month? 2541

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually? $12-13,000

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually? 30,492

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I notice the people talking the most smack about food stamps etc are the ones usually on it, yea ur probaly sitting on ur fat ass collecting welfare checks chica
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
1. 3 of us. My husband daughter and I. I am pregnant but not sure when it will change all that.
2. 360.00 is why we get a month
3. Our tax return this year was around 2300.00
4. 370x12 is 4320.00
5. My husband is a veteran. Our monthly income for the last 3 month ha been 127.00 which is his disibility check as of right now while we wait to hear about the rest of his claim. He has a hard time finding work that will let him work with his injuries.
We go our car repoed last weekend, our hot water has been off for 2 weeks, our cell phones are getting shut of this week and oh we are being evicted this week. Food stamps is the only help we get and if we didn't have that we would starve. So is it okay with you that we are getting food stamps? Our situation is horriable and just remember, my husband is a disabled veteran.
Oh and we used our tax return to buy clothes and shoes or our daughter and pay rent and bills do we could
Not be homeless at least for another month or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyanntech
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

We only us FS if there is no other chose.. but i do know about the tax return.. if i can i will by 6 mos worth of food from Sam's club.. that way i have it on hand.. But my hd is a season driver. he dose road crew jobs and hawls beets in the fall.. so are tax return also goes to making up and chance up on bills to.. im a stay at home mom and trying to get my ABE so i can take college classes right now.. but since i dont have daycare or cant pay for day care its really hard to get classes done.. but i do plan to go back to work as soon as my 3 year old starts K in 2 years.. so that will help out alittle bit..

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM
6 moms liked this

Our son is disabled.  I work part time, and I homeschool and take care of him.

As for how long, we were on fs for two years when we were getting our degrees.  (2004-2006) then we went off of them.  We've been on them for a year now, but he's had medicaid since birth.  So, ten years if you count the medicaid.  We have tried to get him private insurance, but he was born with so many health issues that we can't find a company that will cover him.

He was dropped by dh's plan at work.  It cost them too much to cover him.

I work part time (as much as possible and take care of my kids/son) and my dh works full time.  IF it weren't for the medicaid for my son who was born with one lung and tracheal stenosis, malrototated bowels, and permanent physical asthma (small airways) as well as a very compromised immune system, I would be working full time and we wouldn't need fs/medicaid.

It's pretty easy to judge others, but when you have never had to live a day in their life, you don't know what they go through just to make it.

And I don't HIDE behind ANONYMOUS.  I think you are a coward.  At least I have the guts to own my words.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on welfare? I've been here for quite sometime and you have been on welfare since I first joined.

Quoting celestegood:

LMMFAO yeah, paying bills in advance is SOOOO irresponsible!  OH, and paying extra on our student loans is beyond terrible!

Take your judgement elsewhere.  You don't know me.  We don't get huge refunds; we work (I'm sure you assume most on fs don't).  We're never a year late on anything; we actually pay things ahead of time!  For example; the insurance for our car, our trash bill for the year. 

Uh, we need internet to work from home (dh works with hp and they have him work from home sometimes).  We have tracfone-one of them.  We share it.  We spend maybe seventy five dollars A YEAR on our tracfone-

You know, when you ASSume, you know what that makes you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that. How can you let your bills get so far behind thru the year that your entire tax refund goes to them? You can't be a year late on anything. If you can't pay all your bills, then you are living outside of your means. Also, the people who I hear say "Oh I pay bills with my refund" also have a nice car, smart phone, and internet. cut that shit out and you won't need to pay bills with your refund. 

Quoting celestegood:

We pay bills with our tax refund.  Sorry you know so many people like that in your life.  Please consider surrounding yourself with more responsible people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM
5 moms liked this
I think it's sad that so many people are so out of touch with the reality of our economy today. A lot of people on FS are hard working people who just cant make ends meet. Yes some people on FS have Internet. Nowadays if you have kids in intermediate or high school you need the Internet so they can do their homework! Technology is becoming less of a luxury and more of a necessary tool. They may also need it to do work they take home from their jobs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Why do u feel the need to explain to an idiot who cleary is trying to fit every on fs into the same block, pol like her OP are the ones usually on FS and feel ashamed that's y they come on CM to make it seem like their better than the people who are on FS
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Is that the one who's a girL?

Quoting celestegood:

Our son is disabled.  I work part time, and I homeschool and take care of him.

As for how long, we were on fs for two years when we were getting our degrees.  (2004-2006) then we went off of them.  We've been on them for a year now, but he's had medicaid since birth.  So, ten years if you count the medicaid.  We have tried to get him private insurance, but he was born with so many health issues that we can't find a company that will cover him.

He was dropped by dh's plan at work.  It cost them too much to cover him.

I work part time (as much as possible and take care of my kids/son) and my dh works full time.  IF it weren't for the medicaid for my son who was born with one lung and tracheal stenosis, malrototated bowels, and permanent physical asthma (small airways) as well as a very compromised immune system, I would be working full time and we wouldn't need fs/medicaid.

It's pretty easy to judge others, but when you have never had to live a day in their life, you don't know what they go through just to make it.

And I don't HIDE behind ANONYMOUS.  I think you are a coward.  At least I have the guts to own my words.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on welfare? I've been here for quite sometime and you have been on welfare since I first joined.

Quoting celestegood:

LMMFAO yeah, paying bills in advance is SOOOO irresponsible!  OH, and paying extra on our student loans is beyond terrible!

Take your judgement elsewhere.  You don't know me.  We don't get huge refunds; we work (I'm sure you assume most on fs don't).  We're never a year late on anything; we actually pay things ahead of time!  For example; the insurance for our car, our trash bill for the year. 

Uh, we need internet to work from home (dh works with hp and they have him work from home sometimes).  We have tracfone-one of them.  We share it.  We spend maybe seventy five dollars A YEAR on our tracfone-

You know, when you ASSume, you know what that makes you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that. How can you let your bills get so far behind thru the year that your entire tax refund goes to them? You can't be a year late on anything. If you can't pay all your bills, then you are living outside of your means. Also, the people who I hear say "Oh I pay bills with my refund" also have a nice car, smart phone, and internet. cut that shit out and you won't need to pay bills with your refund. 

Quoting celestegood:

We pay bills with our tax refund.  Sorry you know so many people like that in your life.  Please consider surrounding yourself with more responsible people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) 5

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month? 242 (are there really people that get in the thousands each month?)

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually?around 5,000 I think

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?2904

My husband works full time and I am going to school.  We have 3 kids, one in school and two that are too young.  He works, comes home, I go to class.  He works about 45-50 hours a week and comes home with around 800 after taxes every two weeks.  He is a manager at a restaurant.  When I was working I made around 500 every two weeks and paid pretty much all of that to daycare for the 2 little ones and after school care for the older one.  The food stamps we get supplement what we have to spend of our own money because otherwise we would not have nearly enough money.  We pay 300 a month for our home, around 290 for our electricity, no car payment(paid off) no credit cards, maybe 20 for water, and I would say around 150 for gas for work, school, and taking the kids to school or the park, 100 for car insurance, 25 for garbage service, 30 for phone.  The rest goes to food, clothing, and books and school supplies.   We use our return to pay bills that might be behind, buy things that we need (last year we had to buy a bed for our youngest since he still only had a toddler bed and we bought new blankets for everyone since they were pretty worn.  Also got everyone new clothes since the kids had all outgrown their clothes and shoes.), and try to put a little into savings for if the car breaks down or one of us gets really sick and needs medical help. 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

LOL true.  I may have had fs in my life, but I have never had a welfare check.

Quoting Anonymous:

I notice the people talking the most smack about food stamps etc are the ones usually on it, yea ur probaly sitting on ur fat ass collecting welfare checks chica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN