Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on FS, answer this... UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 232 Replies
5 moms liked this

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) 

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month?

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually?

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?

How much of a difference is there between your annual food stamp amount and your tax return amount? Not too much for most, right? So...instead of living off of welfare, how about you use your tax return to pay for your food for the year? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, right? 

But...most won't. Why? Most want to buy things they can't thru the whole year...computers, tv's, etc. Sad. 

End of beating dead horse. Thanks for participating. 

UPDATE: Geez you ladies get so offended so easily. I am not talking about the people who get help for a few months or so. I am obviously talking about the moochers who receive assistance for years. Thus the reason I say they should do this EVERY YEAR. Because they don't know how to manage their freakin money. I know half of you who say "oh I use mine for bills blah blah blah" are the same ones who post about all the crap you bought with your tax return while on FS. Hey, it sucks not having nice shit. But if FS didn't exist and that was the only way you could do it, you wouldn't have a choice would you? Grow the fuck up and quit crying over what you can't have and do something about it instead of living off free money for eternity. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Blah blah fucking blah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

dee da dee da dee fucking da. oh well. 

Quoting Moki75:

Blah blah fucking blah

MonicaAnne
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
*grabs a bag of popcorn*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

this is my first food stamp post. I shall grab some popcorn too! 

Quoting MonicaAnne:

*grabs a bag of popcorn*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM

The government has some mighty big tits, huh? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha, there was dead beat bitches yesterday answering that they had been on welfare their whole life.. Add that up, millions sucked off the governments tit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM
5 moms liked this
1. 4 of us - s/o, myself and our 2 children

2. $465 per month (used to be $661)

3. We get about $6k in returns

we get $5580 in fs annually.

Our tax return goes to playing catch up on our bills. By the end of the year we are usually 3 months behind since my income varies. When the kids are in school, I work. When they aren't, I don't work. Christmas break, summer, spring break ECT. I do not qualify for unemployment during those breaks. Luckily we have an understanding landlady who sees we are not buying those expensive things

Quoting Anonymous:

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?

How much of a difference is there between your annual food stamp amount and your tax return amount? Not too much for most, right? So...instead of living off of welfare, how about you use your tax return to pay for your food for the year? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, right? 

But...most won't. Why? Most want to buy things they can't thru the whole year...computers, tv's, etc. Sad. 

cassie19831
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM
4 moms liked this

3 of us. me, one child and my husband

We get 475.00

I am disabled so I do not file taxes

This post obviously lacks the view that not everyone on welfare is the same

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

and your husband?

Quoting cassie19831:

We get 475.00

So yeah not for everyone ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

cassie19831
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

He's on temporary disability right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

and your husband?

Quoting cassie19831:

We get 475.00

So yeah not for everyone ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Starburst72
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
3 moms liked this

i wish i got foodstamps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)