Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on FS, answer this... UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) 

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month?

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually?

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?

How much of a difference is there between your annual food stamp amount and your tax return amount? Not too much for most, right? So...instead of living off of welfare, how about you use your tax return to pay for your food for the year? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, right? 

But...most won't. Why? Most want to buy things they can't thru the whole year...computers, tv's, etc. Sad. 

End of beating dead horse. Thanks for participating. 

UPDATE: Geez you ladies get so offended so easily. I am not talking about the people who get help for a few months or so. I am obviously talking about the moochers who receive assistance for years. Thus the reason I say they should do this EVERY YEAR. Because they don't know how to manage their freakin money. I know half of you who say "oh I use mine for bills blah blah blah" are the same ones who post about all the crap you bought with your tax return while on FS. Hey, it sucks not having nice shit. But if FS didn't exist and that was the only way you could do it, you wouldn't have a choice would you? Grow the fuck up and quit crying over what you can't have and do something about it instead of living off free money for eternity. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

It's a big difference when it's TWELVE freakin people. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and OP, thats a pretty big different. Not much of a mathematically wizard are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one) : 12

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month? 2541

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually? $12-13,000

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually? 30,492

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM
5 of us

$710/mth

We got 2k bc we were on unemployment most of the year which didn't count as earned income

It went to pay for our back rent and light bill. No fabulous things over here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM
How long have you been on welfare? I've been here for quite sometime and you have been on welfare since I first joined.

Quoting celestegood:

LMMFAO yeah, paying bills in advance is SOOOO irresponsible!  OH, and paying extra on our student loans is beyond terrible!

Take your judgement elsewhere.  You don't know me.  We don't get huge refunds; we work (I'm sure you assume most on fs don't).  We're never a year late on anything; we actually pay things ahead of time!  For example; the insurance for our car, our trash bill for the year. 

Uh, we need internet to work from home (dh works with hp and they have him work from home sometimes).  We have tracfone-one of them.  We share it.  We spend maybe seventy five dollars A YEAR on our tracfone-

You know, when you ASSume, you know what that makes you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that. How can you let your bills get so far behind thru the year that your entire tax refund goes to them? You can't be a year late on anything. If you can't pay all your bills, then you are living outside of your means. Also, the people who I hear say "Oh I pay bills with my refund" also have a nice car, smart phone, and internet. cut that shit out and you won't need to pay bills with your refund. 

Quoting celestegood:

We pay bills with our tax refund.  Sorry you know so many people like that in your life.  Please consider surrounding yourself with more responsible people.

Sunshinebee2
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Sorry my tax return went to fixing the water heater u know its terrible living in te north without heat

And the year before that i wasnt on food stamps but the money went to fixing the car

Nice try but ur not going to solve the food stamp problems in one cafemom post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

1. What is your family size? (kids plus you and spouse if you have one)                           5 two of whom are disabled

2. How much food stamps do you receive per month? $175

3. what is the average tax return you receive annually? $0

Now take the amount of food stamps you get monthly, and multiply by twelve. how much do you get annually?   $2100

How much of a difference is there between your annual food stamp amount and your tax return amount? Not too much for most, right? So...instead of living off of welfare, how about you use your tax return to pay for your food for the year? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, right?  $ -2100   am I to pull  the money out of my ass?

But...most won't. Why? Most want to buy things they can't thru the whole year...computers, tv's, etc. Sad.      ****Fuck You****

End of beating dead horse. Thanks for participating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM
5 moms liked this
Most of us on fs work and pay into them. I worked my ass off for 10 yrs paying into the system before I needed any help and continue to do so. So pretty much u can fuck off and continue to look down on everyone. Cause I'm sure u ain't any better than anyone on here.
Sunshinebee2
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Why are you tracking her life? Guess the earlier post was right, everyone on cafemom has a stalker

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on welfare? I've been here for quite sometime and you have been on welfare since I first joined.

Quoting celestegood:

LMMFAO yeah, paying bills in advance is SOOOO irresponsible!  OH, and paying extra on our student loans is beyond terrible!

Take your judgement elsewhere.  You don't know me.  We don't get huge refunds; we work (I'm sure you assume most on fs don't).  We're never a year late on anything; we actually pay things ahead of time!  For example; the insurance for our car, our trash bill for the year. 

Uh, we need internet to work from home (dh works with hp and they have him work from home sometimes).  We have tracfone-one of them.  We share it.  We spend maybe seventy five dollars A YEAR on our tracfone-

You know, when you ASSume, you know what that makes you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that. How can you let your bills get so far behind thru the year that your entire tax refund goes to them? You can't be a year late on anything. If you can't pay all your bills, then you are living outside of your means. Also, the people who I hear say "Oh I pay bills with my refund" also have a nice car, smart phone, and internet. cut that shit out and you won't need to pay bills with your refund. 

Quoting celestegood:

We pay bills with our tax refund.  Sorry you know so many people like that in your life.  Please consider surrounding yourself with more responsible people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
9 people
869 a month
10,000 at tax time

however on my SOs paycheck he claims less so we get a bigger return. if he claimed everyone we would get about 5k back.....so your theory is wrong. and we use our tax money to pay bills....we pay a big chunk of rent so our monthly rent amount is brought way down. tax returns buy new clothes and shoes for kids and we pay ahead on electric as well
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

People can't do it because they don't want to.  They earned that money so they should get to do what they want with it.  That's the only time of the year when they can have some fun and pretend they are carefree for awhile.  I've seen the tax refund posts and there's a few that say they will pay bills but most are buying furniture, new TVs, lots of toys for their children, etc.  I've often wondered why the government doesn't treat PA as a loan.  Let people use it and then when they are back on their feet take it back out of their refunds, I bet people wouldn't be on it for years at a time if it meant losing their refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

We use our tax returns for our credit card bills and loans that we end up falling behind on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN