Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some people use having children as an excuse for a dirty home?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are the parents just too lazy to clean up? If I ever went to someone's home and their home wasn't clean, more than likely I won't go back. I don't understand people having toys in every room and you can't even walk and than they invite you over, and they say, " sorry the baby or kids have stuff every where" well how about you make them clean it up or you do!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Replies (141-150):
danni1982
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I dont mind toys being brought into my living room BUT we limit it to 3 toys per child and we have a basket on the bottom of the bookshelf to stash them and keep um out of sight, I like it that way. I cant stand messes and taught my children from an early age to pick up what they are playing with before getting out a new toy. I have games and books for them on a shelf in my living room too, does that count as a mess OP? I wouldnt say toys and kids stuff all over would make me never visit someone again but trash dirty dishes or weird horris smells might chase me away forever.

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Women use their children as an excuse for a lot of things...have an earlier schedule at work, take off work, not work at all, can't go to the family gathering, can't go out, going to disney land, going to disney world, getting on food stamps, working a second job, not working a second job, getting an SUV, getting a dog, buying a bigger house, not buying a bigger house,etc.  We can use our kids as an excuse for almost anything.  PPL use their kids as an excuse because THEY CAN 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I have some clutter. I know some would call it dirty cause they want it sterile all the time but it's not dirty IMO. a few toys scattered around is not dirty to me *Shrugs*

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

"My house was clean yesterday....so sorry you missed it..."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I don't know.  I've used that expression but I use it like if my children want to play and I have a sink of dishes to wash I'll play then wash dishes.  Cleaning always gets done but maybe not in the time frame I wanted it to.  My home is usually "company ready" the worst most people see is a load of laundry on the couch that I've been trying to get to while breaking up fights and playing with a demanding infant.  There a big difference between a home that is lived in and a home that is just dirty. 

karlie2
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Zzzzzzzzzz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I could care less! Lol Snob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I found it to be the opposite. My house is pretty small, and an early 1900's farm house, storage is not something they thought of back then lol. 

So while no one will die from entering my house, there is always a cluttered feeling to it. 

Quoting azpreemiemom:

I have 4 kids, a husband, 2 dogs and a cat. The floor needs swept every 10 minutes from dog hair, the tile needs to be mopped about every day, laundry is always piled up, but I am constantly washing clothes. I have 2 in soccer, 1 in basketball, 1 in therapy and one infant. It gets messy and I get to it when I can. We live in a larger house, so it takes a while to clean. When I lived in a tiny duplex, it was easy to keep spotless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Ditto this.  I mean, my home is clean and sanitary.  But yes, there is usually a few toys on the floor, or an art project I'm doing with the kids.  

If that would make you never come back to my home, then honestly you are probably not the kind of person I want to associate myself anyway

Quoting Anonymous:

I admit, my home is clean most of the time, however, there are days if you dropped by you would find toys, books and games everywhere in random places.  If you would never visit me again because of that, my guess is that is the best for everyone concerned:)

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

For the record ,if I walk into your home and it is museum spotless,I will not stay long.I will stay for even a shorter time if you have kids and I see no toys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN