Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to start a "moms group" need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So my kid is going to Jr High and the moms are not a close bunch.  I think everyone is waiting for someone else to step forward.  So I am thinking of sending out an email staing i would like to see if anyone is interesting in a once a month get togehter just to hang ...the idea is to form a group so we can keep tabs on what are kids are up to and the latest kid gossip as they progress thru jr high how would you feel if you got an email invite like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iluv2meow
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM

good luck, jr high stage is not a good one and most parents are just too busy to be bothered with. You are lucky if you can motivate them to take their kids to their sports activities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM

would you go if you got an invite?

Quoting iluv2meow:

good luck, jr high stage is not a good one and most parents are just too busy to be bothered with. You are lucky if you can motivate them to take their kids to their sports activities.

iluv2meow
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably not. I think the only type of parents that actually like those type of gatherings are the PTA snobs that have nothing nice to say....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting iluv2meow:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

yeah I agree.  I'm trying to reach out thou becasue I'm like you I think the same thing.  I'd like to try anyways  dang

Quoting iluv2meow:

Probably not. I think the only type of parents that actually like those type of gatherings are the PTA snobs that have nothing nice to say....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting iluv2meow:

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I currently belong to a group like that. Its a Mom Of Teens group. We do stuff with and without the kids. We do a moms night out and other activities. We meet for coffee a few times a month. We get together and do things with the kids like beach volleyball and amusement parks. 

areles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

i'd delete it.  but then, i hate hanging out with other moms. 

plus, i have a friend who was involved with all her then-junior high age daughter's friends and their mothers.  it turned into a massive drama fest.  '...and then i saw her daughter SIT ON A BOY'S LAP IN THE POOL!'  'no!' 'yes!  MY daughter would NEVER do anything like that!'  'nor would mine!  we probably shouldn't let our daughters hang out with her anymore!'  'i agree!'  then that mom shows up and gets the cold shoulder from everyone for raising such a whore daughter. 

blah blah blah.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

hahaha I could see that happening

Quoting areles:

i'd delete it.  but then, i hate hanging out with other moms. 

plus, i have a friend who was involved with all her then-junior high age daughter's friends and their mothers.  it turned into a massive drama fest.  '...and then i saw her daughter SIT ON A BOY'S LAP IN THE POOL!'  'no!' 'yes!  MY daughter would NEVER do anything like that!'  'nor would mine!  we probably shouldn't let our daughters hang out with her anymore!'  'i agree!'  then that mom shows up and gets the cold shoulder from everyone for raising such a whore daughter. 

blah blah blah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured