Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I watch R rated movies with my kids....bash away. ETA.

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 121 Replies
So yeah, it's family time JT Style. Violence, sex, nudity. HBO & Showtime dramas. Foreign films especially, although even I tend to pass on the ones from Brazil lol. We're French speaking so those are fine.

We all love Game of Thrones and True Blood. Even my 5 year old. It was brought to my attention this morning because my kid was humming/singing the True Blood opener in church.

Singing when he knew the lyrics...humming when he didn't.

ETA: I cannot believe that not one person laughed about my little singing when he knew the lyrics and humming when he didn't. Boo hiss, but it's all right. I know how awesome he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerabitch69
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Me too. We are watching project x right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe

I watch family guy and american dad with mine...

Starburst72

we do too. shrug. our son has seen many a zombie flick already and walking dead. he loves it. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM
4 moms liked this

There is no way in HELL I would let my sons watch Game of Thrones or true Blood Not even my 14yo.Wow. Or even R movies. 

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.-Mark 12:30-31

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids didn't watch R rated movies until they were/until they will be 17. I don't need my 12 year old watching trash.
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I wont bash we do the same with many movies and shows.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM
We draw the line at pg13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anime.princess
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Depending on the show/movie, I do not think there's nothing wrong with that as long as you explain to them things they may not know or understand. That is how I learned Portuguese as a kid, by watching smutty telenovelas Brasileiras.  True Blood? I guess they have the right to know where daddy's family is from (meaning my hub).  Also, some R rated movies are based on historical events so I'd let them watch those...with me present so I can explain and even use the book (or books) that narrate that specific history event.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Smh... exposing your child to sex, violence and drug use (even in films) is irresponsable. Especially when they are so young, tv is horrible for them anyways... no wonder we hear stories on the news of kids touching eachother innapropriatly, experimenting drugs from a young age and have problems getting through school...
alyceabella
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

my youngest dd (4) loves walking dead and my oldest (7) loves dexter! Oh and they both love family guy too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)