Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Taking care of YOUR parents.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

If Republicans get their way and strip away medicare, all forms of Social Security, medicaid, TANF, SNAP, FS, WIC and any other assistance that they may be getting each month. And if you or your child are on those programs and you lose them. Will you be able to take your parents on as a dependent and support your own family?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM
My sister is on wic....my parents would help her out as much as she would let them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Uhm, people should plan their retirement. I will never have to care for my parents no matter what the GOV deos.

Starburst72
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

it wont ever happen. fortunately my parents are well off and this would never be a possability

areyouatroll
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yes. I am responsible unlike my parents and that whole generation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM
My parents don't rely on those programs, so we are good. We would make it work if we had to, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MBorati-Collins
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My parents don't live in the US, sorry.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I'm currently in this situation with my grandparents, not my parents yet. And we live paycheck to paycheck while still being modestly comfortable. I am not caring for them yet, but if this were to happen then yes I could and most definitely would care for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

When my mother passed away, we didn't want to put my Dad in a nursing home and he didn't want to go to one. So now my little brother and his wife take care of my Dad and he lives with them.

If they have to be gone for an extended period of time, I at least call to check on him (at 99 he has a cell phone) or even go spend the day with him.  Two of my kids and I just spent the day with him since my brother was at work and SIL and their son were gone. We had a great time.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Nope can't do it. We couldn't afford it. An they refuse to help us. Now we might help our SIL and BIL they live next door from us. Were trying to find a home or land where we can build 2 home next to each other to help each other out.

We had land and started building till BIL lost his job and DH couldn't find work, so we lost the land. 

mariesmama
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM

no my dauaghter gets foodstamps,medical and wic and we need them all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN