Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still shaking....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I was at the store a little bit ago.  As I was walking out I hear the pitter patter of little feet charging behind me.  I hear someone yelling for the kid to stop.  At the same moment I see a large truck speeding down the parking lot.  I grabbed the kid before he could take another step.  The mom caught up to me.  She was HUGELY pregnant and had her hands full.  I carried the boy to her car for her.  She was bawling.  The truck driver stopped a few spaces down and then told the lady she shouldn't be letting her kid run in the parking lot.  I told him he needed to observe the speed limit in the parking lot and most especially in front of the store in the cross walk where pedistrians are quite common.  He started going off.  The lady got in her car and left.  I walked over to my car with him still following me.  So I took out my phone and dialed 911 and asked him if he wanted me to press send.  Then he walked away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
10yrsapart9505
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

what a dickfuck trucker!!! 

Good job mama, you probably saved that little kid. 

Starburst72
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

omg thank god you were there

SimplyErathy
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

and people think child harnesses are a bad idea.....id much rather my child wear a backpack with a leash and get rudes looks then run into the street and be hit O_O good job mama

kylansmommy09
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Oh my gosh im glad all of you are ok!!! im thankful you were there today if nobody else has said that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Good job! I have a VERY quick 2 year old and am 9 months preggo...so I feel that lady's pain! Sometimes you do your best and it still isn't quick enough -- those toddlers move like lightning.  The other day I took my son to the beach and he walked into the water and was in over his head before it could even register what was happening.  I ran in there and pulled him out immediately, but boy was I shocked at how fast it happened..and I was RIGHT THERE the whole time, within a few feet of him! As for the truck driver, if it was a company truck a lot of them have numbers on the back you can call to report reckless driving.  

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Exactly! My 2 year old is known to be a runner and won't sit well in a stroller.  I've though about getting him a backpack with a leash but hate people staring and judging.  

Quoting SimplyErathy:

and people think child harnesses are a bad idea.....id much rather my child wear a backpack with a leash and get rudes looks then run into the street and be hit O_O good job mama

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kylansmommy09:

Oh my gosh im glad all of you are ok!!! im thankful you were there today if nobody else has said that!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mom was very thankful.  She hugged me and told me she was glad I was there.  She told me she wanted to buy me dinner...but I told her it wasn't necessary. 

noneya79
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Wow,  what a total dickhead!! Thank GOD you were there! He's sounds like an immature little prick who never has taken responsibility for his actions! 

gomomgomom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I used one when ds was younger. Had too he was a runner. The backpack tought him to stay near. He hated it only had to use it a few months and he learned not to run.

So glad u were there momma.

Quoting BethanyJ:

Exactly! My 2 year old is known to be a runner and won't sit well in a stroller.  I've though about getting him a backpack with a leash but hate people staring and judging.  

Quoting SimplyErathy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You did good!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)