Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM: wrong or right?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 53 Replies
I quit my job because it was getting stupid there. It's a long story! Anyways, I just foud out I'm pregnant. We also have a 19mo daughter. We have enough money to make it if I don't get a job. We just have to budget. Like no shopping sprees and eating out every other day. I want to find a job and contribute. But I also LOVE staying at home! I don't mean sitting on my ass. I mean I love to clean, cook, play wot my dd, take her to the park, mow the yard, etc. I feel torn. My husband said he will support me either way. It also helps when pediatricians, family, ad friends tell me how advanced my dd is because I spend so much time with her.
Is it wrong for me to want to stay home? I feel guilty but it also feels so right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcsg
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM
4 moms liked this

If you can afford it and your both in agreement, whats to feel guilty about?  And you don't NEED a job to contribute to your family, unless it truly is a financial burdan. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I been a sahm for the past 10 years and I absolutely love it. sometimes money is tight but we make it work. you can always try finding a part time babysitting job where you can have your kids with you. I have done that off and on the past few years for some extra money and it worked out perfectly. still got to spend time with my kids but made extra money on the side too.

Bree0922
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well, I'm a SAHM.... so, I'm biased.. lol.. But I have also worked while having kids (when DH lost his job, I stepped in and worked for 8 months). While I do enjoy working, it is hard for ME to swtich back and forth from business to mommy. DH sucked at being a SAHD.. so, I ended up having to do all the work at home. It was just too stressful for me.
Plus, I HATED being away from the kids (I worked 8-12 hours a day).

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Stay home!! You can't buy those precious memories.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Don't feel guilty at all! The benefits outweigh no shopping sprees or eating out. :)
Josie_P
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I'm a working mum but you shouldn't feel guilty at all!!! 

mrsdic
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

May have already been said, but if you're having trouble deciding, get a part time (2 days a week or something) job.... that way your LO's get the social interaction of a daycare (I had both of mine in a home run small daycare, DS for much longer, and he's better for it) and you're still spending a significant amount of time with the babies but contributing.  Just make sure the pay you get balances out with what you'll pay for daycare.

Capricorn0119
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Why would you feel guilty? It sounds like your working full time with your daughter. Also if you feel guilty because your not contributing financially just remember what your saving in child-care expenses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

your greatest job in life is raising that precious child. do not feel guilty

QJsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
So get a job two or three days a week so you won't feel so bad plus you still get the time to stay home with your Dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)