Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your 16 year old daughters boyfriend to stay overnight?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 16 year old asked if her boyfriend of 2 years could stay overnight this weekend.  She is on bc and they use condoms.  My husband says yes and I say I'm not sure.  Anyone else been through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (601-610):
nangel4u
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you want to be a grandmother now and have to watch her child while she's out with her friends all the time???!!!....we'll there's your answer!!!

Jeanniedoll
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
NO WAY
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owllady4
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Heck no...don't kids  have any respect for themselves any more or  no less for there parents ?  

momof2js946
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just going to aske the same thing. Do you want to be a grandmother?? I let me son's girlfriend stay the night one time. It was like 25 degrees outside and her parents kicked her out after an argument they had. I couldn't let her sleep on the streets. But she slept upstairs in my younger son's room (him on the couch) the room she slept in is right next to ours. Then my oldest son slept in his room down in the basement. I wasn't going to let anything happen!!!

And it didn't. (I didn't get much sleep that night, but at least I am not a grandma!!)

heatherd09
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a 16 year old son and his girlfriend is 15. We (her and our family) know each other and they go out with us or them... I would not let her sleep in our house nor I would let my son sleep in hers. They are not having sex because she wants to wait until she feel ready or 18 (my son tells me mostly everything this is how i know this). If and when they decide they are ready I would let them be and will not be in their business, but I am not going to provide them with a room motel. Even people that come over to my house as guest cant stay if they are not married... call me whatever you want, but I have a little 6 year old and Im not about to make her believe that its ok to sleep and have sex at this young age.

scottiemom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

This may sound old fashioned, but I always wished I had waited until I was out of high school. I think our young women would be better off if we put more interest in their positive future than being o.k. with under age sex. Those relationships never last and being used is very emotional damaging. Wait until you know who you are and what you want out of life before having sex.  My son had girls buzzing around him like he was a rock star when he was in middle and high school. I always let our son have his friends over, but the girls never were allowed to stay over night. I would take them home when it got too late. We need to be the adults in our kid's lives. Growing up too fast is a very sad thing. Save kids from their raging hormones and let them enjoy being kids. Being adult happens too fast as it is.

bhow
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

NO!!!

Krwgilbert10
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I agree

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Congrats in advance Grandma!

There's a difference between putting your daughter on birth control and protecting her since she has already made the decision to have sex, and SUPPORTING her having sex. If your best friend was a Crack head, theres a difference between giving her money so that she wont go prostitue herself, and actually picking up a bag of crack on your way home from work and helping her shoot it up. Having sex at 16 years of age is irresponsible. However a child will BE irresponsible..but its a parents JOB to remind the child daily that having sex at such a young age is careless and that you will NOT support it. A "Relationship" is not a "relationship" at 16 yrs old. They have no responsibilities together. they just say the words "wanna be my bf?" and BOOM thats it. every adult KNOWS that there is much more to a relationship than sex. And if YOU dont know that then i question your OWN relationship.

Furthermore, im disgusted that you've even been supporting this sexual relationship since the age of 14 years old. I dont know WHAT FATHER in the entire UNIVERSE would mind "Daddy little girl" getting NAILED down the hall by a horny teenager. My husband would SHOOT Any boy that TOUCHES our daughter.

You're parenting is Careless to even consider this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Hell no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)