Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your 16 year old daughters boyfriend to stay overnight?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 16 year old asked if her boyfriend of 2 years could stay overnight this weekend.  She is on bc and they use condoms.  My husband says yes and I say I'm not sure.  Anyone else been through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (781-790):
maidjillian
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Your husband said yes?  Wow, no way my fairly liberal, hippie at heart dad would EVER let a boy stay over.  He didn't even want dh to stay in my room before we were married and I was 24. 

I am mostly a free spirit, but I wouldn't do this.  My mom didn't keep a lot of tabs on me and wish she did.  I put myself into a few dangerous situations (didn't know it then, it's just as an adult I realize how stupid I was) and wish my mom put a stop to it. 

If she was 18 and out of high school, I'd say probably, but a high schooler should be treated as such.  They are not emotionally ready to be treated as adults.  Let them snealk behind your backs like we all had to.

larschick
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I would let him sleep on a blow up bed in a room with it dh, & let dd sleep with in the same room. With doors locked & bells tied to it.

Or IF ur searing is really good, they used to see the bf into the blankets & bed when they had to spend the night back in the old times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

My SO's hs girlfriend was allowed to stay the night after they had been together over 2 yrs. He was 18, she was 16. They dated for another 2 yrs and she never got pg. Me on the other hand, never stayed the night and I'm the one that ended up getting pg. So just because you don't allow your child to have sleep overs doesn't mean you are protecting them from pregnancy.

It would depend on the maturity of both of them, and how much I liked the boy. But after 2 yrs, and already knowing they were having sex(and being responsible)  I would have no problem with it.

langleytwins824
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Next on 16 And pregnant... sorry I had to be a smart Ass... my parents let my bf stay the night when I was 16. .. rather you know he's there than sneaking in a window!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

i think it is truthfully not a wise choice i would never allow my 16 y/o daughter to have her boyfriend spend the night.. she is a teenager there needs to be rules and boundries set for her not be like okay whatever you can screw your boyfriend in my house. i mean seriously wth!! you are just asking for trouble if you allow this to happen..

mizluvlei
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
To each their own! Yet I'm shocked by the amount of parents who seem to think its okay to allow this. At 16 I was not thinking about having sex. Yes I had a boyfriend, yet my parents especially my mother taught me that what I had was a gift and you don't run around giving it to every boy that says they love you or your beautiful. It disturbs me that our young ladies and young men seem to place no value or thought as to whom they lay with. To those that feel that if you put your foot down then your child will become sneaky ... IMO if the child is going to be sneaky they are going to be sneaky point blank period. My parents put their foot down and I did not feel the need to be sneaky. There were several girls on our neighborhood / school who were pregnant or teen moms. That was even more of a hinderance for me not to sex. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimers6
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I didn't do anything with my boyfriends when they were allowed. First time I was 15. We had to leave town early for a trip to a big fair. And rather than wake up his family before 6 am he stayed the night. I guess it's just how comfortable you are.
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Nope.

Pinky5511
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you fucking kidding me???? This should not even be a question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM

HELL NO! YOU MUST WANT TO BE A GRANDMOTHER.....EARLY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured