Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mennonites

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 94 Replies

Are you one or know anything about them ?

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I know a little bit about them because we lived in a community where there were a lot of Menonnite families. 

roxysmommy
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM

One of my really good friends was raised in that religion. I know bits and pieces about it. She is now an Atheist.

MsKristinB
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I know nada, but here's bump!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I had a best friend growing up that was and also I grew up in northern indiana(lots of mennonite and amish)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
My family was Mennonite until my great grandmother had a baby out of wedlock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRiz1024
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
There are a bunch here. And they party at our local music festival, drive vehicles, and have iPhones. It is confusing lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
windsails
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:51 PM

there are a few that live around here, there are alot more amish though...the mennonites drive cars, the women wear little bonnets on their heads and they dress pretty plain, but not as plain as the amish do...that's about all i know from seeing them around town, what bothered me so much was the other day when it was like 105 degrees outside, a group of amish women came into town to do some grocery shopping and they were ewaring black cape things around their necks! i felt so sorry for them, i know they had to be burning up! atleast the mennonites drive in cars with a/c, i guess they are more modern in a way... 

HadleyAzure
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

I know a little bit about them because we lived in a community where there were a lot of Menonnite families. 

Are they pretty much similar to Amish people in lifestyle except for more modern ? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I always see them at Cedar Point (an amusement park). They wear jean skirts to their ankles.
HadleyAzure
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting windsails:

there are a few that live around here, there are alot more amish though...the mennonites drive cars, the women wear little bonnets on their heads and they dress pretty plain, but not as plain as the amish do...that's about all i know from seeing them around town, what bothered me so much was the other day when it was like 105 degrees outside, a group of amish women came into town to do some grocery shopping and they were ewaring black cape things around their necks! i felt so sorry for them, i know they had to be burning up! atleast the mennonites drive in cars with a/c, i guess they are more modern in a way... 

I would faint from heat stroke from wearing all that stuff unless its made out of extremly breathable material. It looks itchy though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)