Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand Moms who think this way.

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 336 Replies

I don't understand parents who say they don't care or expect their children to further their education ..some even say they don't care if they drop out of HS.

Do you expect your child to graduate HS ? Or is a HS diploma not a big concern to you?

Do you expect your child to go to college or at least a trade school ? 

Thoughts??

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this
As long as they have a HS diploma we're happy. College isn't a huge concern to any of us.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I expect mine to graduate from college.  A 4 year college with a "useful" degree.

_diva_
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Wow. That's pretty sad. I've always said I want my kids to be anything they want to be and to have all the knowledge to conquer the world BUT that will come with high school and college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM

yes i expect my kids to graduate HS , and either go to  trade school or college and be productive citizens ... are their really moms that don't ?

sarawat89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I expect my children to finish HS, after that is up to them.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
High school for sure. Hopefully college as well, but at age 5 I'm not concerning myself with it yet. We will crops that bridge when we come to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

We want our children to graduate high school and go to some kind of school after. We don't really care what they go to school for, we just want them to be able to support themselves and be happy in life.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
High school for sure. Hopefully college as well, but at age 5 I'm not concerning myself with it yet. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hope_love_dream
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

yes, i expect her to get her diploma. she'd need my consent to drop out and it's not going to happen

creoletexan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
4 moms liked this
My kids must complete high school, afterwards they have 4 options: college, trade school, military, or work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)