Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care if you go "au naturale" for your L&D...

Posted by   + Show Post

but do NOT under any circumstances criticize me for my decisions regarding pain medication during my L&D. It does not make me:

• ignorant
  • a weaker person
  • weaker than you
  • less of a woman 
  • less connected to my child
  • or a bad mother

There are risks with everything (including birth itself), but it’s my prerogative to relieve pain in order to make the experience more positive for me. I’ve done my own research and made decisions based on that and talks I’ve had with my OB/GYN. I’m not going to defend or explain my decisions or my birth plan, I don’t have to. I should be respected and not criticized.

It’s okay to be proud of yourself, but you aren't now Mother of the Year because you didn't recieve any medication during your L&D. Congrats, you gave birth the way people have given birth for thousands of years. Get over yourself, lady, you didn’t discover the cure for AIDS…

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
Itzy0ll0tl
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I was going to go without meds, but ended uop SCREAMING for them before DD was born... If I was going to do it anyway.. might have done it earlier...

BTW, DD was born before I felt the reaction to the drugs.. FAIL  for me lol.. I should have either waited to go without meds, or asked ofr them 3 hours before I did!!!!! hahaha

HisBrwnEyedBaby
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Dont worry about what other people say. It is your body, your baby, your delivery! You want pain meds get it. I don't think I'm better than anyone nor do I think someone is weaker than me because they need pain meds for lnd. My first two were induced and yes I got an epi my last came on her own and fast. I was 100% everything by the time I got to the hospital no time for pain meds nothing. I enjoyed all three experiences and if I were to have another either one would be fine with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jessefuller
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I had dd with no Meds and it was awful and I couldn't enjoy bringing her into the world I passed out after she came out! Ds I had an epi and I remember all of it and could enjoy seeing him and didn't pass out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonnlilithsmom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I'm not too proud to say, I BEGGED for pain relief!

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this

Let me add that any vaginal birth is "natural", pain meds or not.

I hate the condescending belief that only births without pain meds are "natural". 

Guess what?  I conceived a child the "natural" way, grew said child in my uterus, and delivered the child vaginally.  Ladies, there is nothing NOT natural about any of that.  Did I deliver with pain meds? Sure as hell did, as much as I could talk the docs into, LOL.  But my kids came out the exact same way as the kids whose mother's had no pain meds.  Yep, I delivered my children naturally....and pain free :o)

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
A friend of mine had 2 boys and a still born all with epidurals... her most recent addition was almost delivered in the car so she had no choice to go natural. BUT even she said she would never choose to do natural again. I believe every woman has a right to her own choices... for me, I wanted an epidural and it made my deliveries a great experience
conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
This is my feeling to!

Quoting momof6nokc:

Let me add that any vaginal birth is "natural", pain meds or not.

I hate the condescending belief that only births without pain meds are "natural". 

Guess what?  I conceived a child the "natural" way, grew said child in my uterus, and delivered the child vaginally.  Ladies, there is nothing NOT natural about any of that.  Did I deliver with pain meds? Sure as hell did, as much as I could talk the docs into, LOL.  But my kids came out the exact same way as the kids whose mother's had no pain meds.  Yep, I delivered my children naturally....and pain free :o)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

IDGAF. SERIOUSLY!

sunshinebebe26
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM
But on that same note, when my sister had her baby she wanted natural, the nurse told her to take the epi or shut up (cuz of course the was screaming cuz it hurt)

Quoting KristyCat:

I just hate how snobby women get when they deliver naturally or breastfeed or whatever. 

Quoting slransde:

Well said!

I have fond memories of my delivery because I had an epidural. I don't remember much before the epi took effect...I probably blocked it out because it was so awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)