Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL??

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay mothers and fathers, how would you feel if your partner told you that he/she is attracted to other people. 

This post is just a discussion topic.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I assume he is, it's normal.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Wouldn't really feel anything about it. We both find other people attractive. We are both human, we notice what we find pleasing to the eye and we find other humans attractive. It has nothing to do with our feelings or views about one another. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. I mean it's not necessarily something you'd want to hear, but everyone is attracted to other people. It doesn't mean anything more than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathienpb
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it would be normal. Part of being a grown up and married is not acting on things like that, so I'm not worried about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. 

Quoting kathienpb:

I think it would be normal. Part of being a grown up and married is not acting on things like that, so I'm not worried about it.

fostermomoftwo
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I wouldnt wanna know, i would wonder why dh was telling me.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Same. It would be something I would prefer he keep to himself, as long as he is not acting on those attractions of course.

Celebrities and stuff I don't care about. We joke about that stuff all the time, but I would not want to know that my husband is attracted to our neighbor down the street as long as that's all it is, a harmless attraction with nothing be done about it.

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

I wouldnt wanna know, i would wonder why dh was telling me.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We talk about it openly. It is no big deal in my marriage.

kgcrazy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I'm attracted to many men, it doesn't mean I don't love him. So I would be a hypocrite to be mad

katzmeow726
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Depends on what you mean.

Attracted as in "I'm so attracted, that I don't feel as attracted/attracted at all to you anymore" all the while, staring and gawking at other people

Or

"I find that person attractive, but I love you more!" after a quick glance

Dh and I do the latter.  He knows I have a monumental crush on Robert Downey Jr...yeah, the older bad guy type is very attractive.  It doesn't bother him.  I know what girls he finds attractive.  He knows what guys I find attractive.

But we both have enough trust in each other, and love each other enough to know that attraction does not equate to adultery in our relationship.  Sure I find others attractive, and he does the same.  It doesn't bother either of us in the slightest.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)