Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

waitresses make damn good money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

If your a good server working in a busy establishment. Damn do you make good money !

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You make even more when you touch people. Really! They give more tip. You don't need to become all touchy and flirty, but there's a way to make people feel comfy without beeing pushy or pissing girlfriends/ boyfriends off. My favorite is the light shoulder-touch together with a "Having a good time? If you need anything just let me know, yes?" (something like that) Smile, make eye contact. You gotta mean it though, just be friendly not phony. It does pay off. Financially and regarding interpersonal relatinships. 

beatlelovermom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I made great money for years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
It depends on where you work. Some waitresses don't make much at all because of how the restaurant handles tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

So true. I could make a good 100 bucks a night in a 4 or 5 hr shift on the weekends.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
12 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

You make even more when you touch people. Really! They give more tip. You don't need to become all touchy and flirty, but there's a way to make people feel comfy without beeing pushy or pissing girlfriends/ boyfriends off. My favorite is the light shoulder-touch together with a "Having a good time? If you need anything just let me know, yes?" (something like that) Smile, make eye contact. You gotta mean it though, just be friendly not phony. It does pay off. Financially and regarding interpersonal relatinships. 

never touch me.

alwayskk
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
12 moms liked this
Don't touch me, my kids, or my man. Please and thank you.

Quoting harpsichord:

Quoting Anonymous:

never touch me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM
My dad did until they started the pooling of tips where he works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I've worked in the business before...so I have a very good idea of how it works

I always know a good server...and I always tip well when appropriate.

We went out last night for our anniversary. Our waitress was GREAT ! This place was mobbed. It usually is!  I know she makes great money 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this
You get bigger tips from the guys when you ride they're hogs in the bathroom while the wife waits.
DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I made really good money for a 19yo working at Olive Garden.  This was 1999.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)