Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Of course Chick Fil A hates the Gays, they're a Christian Run Company ...

Posted by   + Show Post

Really, I wish people would stop with that. It's like every 3rd reply in that thread.

NOT ALL CHRISTSIANS ARE BIGOTED AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS. Some even *gasp* are FOR equal rights.

They can be against homosexuality all they want, but please stop acting like all Christians are like that. We all know that is simply not true. Quit blaming their religion for their ignorance.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Replies (221-230):
heyma4
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I'm sorry, but I guess I missed the memo where it was OK for "true" Christians to decide whether or not someone will go to hell, and to judge another on  whether or not they are a true Christian. As a matter of fact, and forgive me of I am wrong, but isn't that in fact God's job?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not a true Christian if you support homosexuality. You don't have to hate them, but I feel bad for them, knowing they are going to Hell.

I applaud chick a fila for standing up and supporting their beliefs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM
I'm Christian and I support gay marriage.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Hmmmm....my searches of the text seem to be in relation to remarriage not the raping of girls. 

As for the NT relating to the OT, the NT cannot be applied when trying to understand the OT. The OT was written first and has to be understood in the context it was written.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yebhamoth 11b: "Sexual intercourse with a little girl is permitted if she is three years of age."  I was mistaken it is 3 YEARS OLD not 13.

Libbre David 37: "If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he ought to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death."

THIS is what the Messiah says about the Jewish "traditions".

Mark 7:6-9

King James Version (KJV)

He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

If you want proper commentary on the Hebrew scriptures you need to consult a Karaite Jew like Nehemiah Gordon who is a true scholar that searches the biblical commandments and not the vain teaching of men who twist scripture to suit there own agenda.

Quoting purpleducky:

It isn't in the OT. It was just part of Jewish tradition. And I have never heard of Jews doing as you have stated. So verse please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where in the old testament is it stated that a womans bed is sacred.  I would also be careful of those jewish scholars that have in their Talmud that it is okay to have sex with a 13 year old because it heals and she is a virgin again.

Quoting purpleducky:

Actually many Jewish scholars state that that refers to two men having sex in a woman's bed which was considered sacred.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is only debatable to those who don't want to read plain Hebrew that explains a man laying with a man like a women is sexual immorality.

Quoting LucyMom08:

It is debatable whether or not homosexuality is a sin...

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM
False.

Not only does my church support ALL congregents, but homosexuals are also ordained.

It's also unbelievably arrogant to tell another Christian they're not a "true" Christian. Who are you to tell another what's in their heart?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not a true Christian if you support homosexuality. You don't have to hater them, but I feel bad for them, knowing they are going to Hell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Hot topic has underoath shirts and they are a Christian band....

Quoting MakinBabies:

Chick-fil-a = a restaurant criticized because of its fundamental beliefs

Hot Topic - a store that sells mainly heavy metal and music that goes against Christian beliefs (Marilyn Manson and such), as well as shirts and other items from various films that glorify witchcraft, vampirism, sex, drugs, etc.

People want to judge a frickin restaurant because it's a Christian establishment and automatically assume that the people who associate themselves with it HATES gays (when Christianity is not at all about hating a person, but hating their sins), then why can't we claim that Hot Topic is a devil-worshipping establishment that hates Christians? I'm pretty sure the last time I was in Hot Topic, there were no shirts from any Christian band or any Veggie Tales shirts. They must hate Christians, then, right?

Quoting LucyMom08:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Quoting MakinBabies:

If people have problems with Chick-fil-a because of their beliefs, then let's team up against Hot Topic, cause you know, they're the devil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

So what commandments of God was Jesus talking about if all the people had were the old testament scriptures at the time?

Quoting purpleducky:

Hmmmm....my searches of the text seem to be in relation to remarriage not the raping of girls. 

As for the NT relating to the OT, the NT cannot be applied when trying to understand the OT. The OT was written first and has to be understood in the context it was written.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yebhamoth 11b: "Sexual intercourse with a little girl is permitted if she is three years of age."  I was mistaken it is 3 YEARS OLD not 13.

Libbre David 37: "If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he ought to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death."

THIS is what the Messiah says about the Jewish "traditions".

Mark 7:6-9

King James Version (KJV)

He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

If you want proper commentary on the Hebrew scriptures you need to consult a Karaite Jew like Nehemiah Gordon who is a true scholar that searches the biblical commandments and not the vain teaching of men who twist scripture to suit there own agenda.

Quoting purpleducky:

It isn't in the OT. It was just part of Jewish tradition. And I have never heard of Jews doing as you have stated. So verse please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where in the old testament is it stated that a womans bed is sacred.  I would also be careful of those jewish scholars that have in their Talmud that it is okay to have sex with a 13 year old because it heals and she is a virgin again.

Quoting purpleducky:

Actually many Jewish scholars state that that refers to two men having sex in a woman's bed which was considered sacred.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is only debatable to those who don't want to read plain Hebrew that explains a man laying with a man like a women is sexual immorality.

Quoting LucyMom08:

It is debatable whether or not homosexuality is a sin...

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Ummmm...the ten commandments that Jesus gave or the commandments in the OT. Either way you look at it it works. What I meant was if you are wanting to discuss something in the OT then you cannot use the NT to explain it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what commandments of God was Jesus talking about if all the people had were the old testament scriptures at the time?

Quoting purpleducky:

MakinBabies
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I'm sure there are atheists that work at Chick-fil-a. Doesn't change how either company is viewed.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Hot topic has underoath shirts and they are a Christian band....

Quoting MakinBabies:

Chick-fil-a = a restaurant criticized because of its fundamental beliefs

Hot Topic - a store that sells mainly heavy metal and music that goes against Christian beliefs (Marilyn Manson and such), as well as shirts and other items from various films that glorify witchcraft, vampirism, sex, drugs, etc.

People want to judge a frickin restaurant because it's a Christian establishment and automatically assume that the people who associate themselves with it HATES gays (when Christianity is not at all about hating a person, but hating their sins), then why can't we claim that Hot Topic is a devil-worshipping establishment that hates Christians? I'm pretty sure the last time I was in Hot Topic, there were no shirts from any Christian band or any Veggie Tales shirts. They must hate Christians, then, right?

Quoting LucyMom08:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Quoting MakinBabies:

If people have problems with Chick-fil-a because of their beliefs, then let's team up against Hot Topic, cause you know, they're the devil.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

With that attitude you will get there before they ever do.You do not know if they will go to hell or not.Only God can decide where they will go and only he knows.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not a true Christian if you support homosexuality. You don't have to hate them, but I feel bad for them, knowing they are going to Hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM

How do you figure that? Passover, the birth and life of Christ, these are all contained in the old testament so how do we not look at Jesus's life and teachings to better understand what the shadows were in the old testament. Even the holy spirit is spoken of in the old testament, but the full information if its purpose and power were taught by the Messiah in the new testament.

Quoting purpleducky:

Ummmm...the ten commandments that Jesus gave or the commandments in the OT. Either way you look at it it works. What I meant was if you are wanting to discuss something in the OT then you cannot use the NT to explain it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting purpleducky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN