Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 21 Replies
i procrastinate horribly on bdays and holidays. Bday parties give me anxiety bc im someone who has to please everyone. Holidays bc i just plain dislike holidays and the "fakeness" of them. ANYWAYS. My youngest's bday is in a month and i've done nothing to prep for it. My oldest is a month and 10 days after my youngest. So i have to plan and pay for 2 bday parties within a month of each other. Did i mention that im a single parent? Does anyone have ideas for a rainbow bday party (youngest)? She will be turning 2 (omg!). Im doing a rainbow cake and about 25 rainbow cupcakes. Fruit kabobs and pasta salad (with a rainbow variety of veggies in it). Im so anxious about this bday party that i cant concentrate. HELLLLP!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM
What you are planning sounds good.
I suck at parties- sorry lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxCowGirl07
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Good luck... sounds like lots of work.   But remember, the party is for the KIDS, not the mom.  The important thing is for them to enjoy it, not be overwhelmed by everything.  Try not to stress too much, not matter what you do, they will love it!

Danielle245
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Pintrist has amazing ideas. Our family birthdays are pretty crazy. First is my daughters and my husbands is exactly a month after. Mines two weeks after his and my sons is to weeks after mine and my Other daughters is two weeks after his. It's madness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
i was thinking of having it at the local pool so i dont have to stress about games/etc. Maybe a water balloon fight? I'm inviting my bfs family to this, which is a first. So i feel like i have to impress them. I've gone to their parties and they go all out. :-/

Quoting TxCowGirl07:

Good luck... sounds like lots of work.   But remember, the party is for the KIDS, not the mom.  The important thing is for them to enjoy it, not be overwhelmed by everything.  Try not to stress too much, not matter what you do, they will love it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

What you are planning sounds good.
I suck at parties- sorry lol

Me too! I am horrible at them.

Rose87
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Why not do a joint party for both?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
my dad, my mom, myself, and my sister all have a bday within weeks of each other. My dad is 11/26, my mom 12/27, myseld 12/28, my sister 1/08. So i know about the insanity. I checked on pinterest an a lot of the ideas/pins were a little overboard/more effort than i could possibly give. I got a couple ideas (like the fruit kabobs and some crepe decor) but i feel so overwhelmed w pinterest.

Quoting Danielle245:

Pintrist has amazing ideas. Our family birthdays are pretty crazy. First is my daughters and my husbands is exactly a month after. Mines two weeks after his and my sons is to weeks after mine and my Other daughters is two weeks after his. It's madness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM
My dd is turning two this month. I'm just going to throw some cake at her, have a few presents. I don't see the need to stress at all. She's not going to care how much planning went into it. She'll honestly probably like tearing open the paper more than the actual presents lol.
You have no one to impress but your kids. And they are easy to please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM
my bday and my sisters bday is 11 days apart, so we'd always have joint bday parties. I hated it as a kid bc i felt like i wanted all of the attn for a day (lol). I mean when they're older, i could do a huge joint bday party where i spend a lot of money.

Quoting Rose87:

Why not do a joint party for both?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxCowGirl07
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I like the pool idea, kids always have fun at the pool.  Just make sure you have enough adults to watch all the kids around the water.  Dont stress about pleasing them, just do a couple things that will be fun for the kids.  Kids remember waterbaloon fights, cupcakes, and ice cream, dont worry about all the 'fluff' for the adults.

Quoting Groove:

i was thinking of having it at the local pool so i dont have to stress about games/etc. Maybe a water balloon fight? I'm inviting my bfs family to this, which is a first. So i feel like i have to impress them. I've gone to their parties and they go all out. :-/

Quoting TxCowGirl07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)