Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judge's Advice for Divorcing Parents

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 29 Replies
9 moms liked this

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hope_love_dream
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

i like this a lot

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I saved this to send to a friend on facebook. thank you. Ive been trying to find a way to say this to her without her getting offended with me. 

ginnjuice

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Completely agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with that 100%.

I don't always have nice things to say about my DS father, but I certainly don't voice those opinions to my DS. If I need to vent about my ex I either do it here, to my mother or my DH when DS is not around to hear.

Even if I can't stand the man and his actions, my DS things his Daddy hung the moon.

We had to have this discussion with my SD, she is constantly trash talking her baby's father. Granted he is not in the baby's life, but still she shouldn't say the things she does especially in front of him.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

you don't have to be divorcing to heed this advice. i never want my children to ever hear me speak badly of my husband. my mom did that growing up, and it was hard to take.

when daddy comes home, i make a big deal out of it, and even when i'm mad at him, i tell my babies how handsome he is, how wonderful he is, especially when he can hear it. he improves as a man, father, and husband each day.

thanks for posting!

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting AngryBob:

you don't have to be divorcing to heed this advice. i never want my children to ever hear me speak badly of my husband. my mom did that growing up, and it was hard to take.

when daddy comes home, i make a big deal out of it, and even when i'm mad at him, i tell my babies how handsome he is, how wonderful he is, especially when he can hear it. he improves as a man, father, and husband each day.

thanks for posting!

That's true! 

milmomma2006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Good gravy, my mom so desperately needs to see this!!!

Love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

This applies in so many situations. I wish people could see past themselves more and notice what they are doing to the little minds they have been entrusted with.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I don't place much stock in a judge's opinion.

Cmyfantasyworld
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Very good advice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured