Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Static in the ear?!?!?! PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 0 Replies
PLEASE tell me someone out there has had this problem too!! I get a VERY loud static noise in my hear, it's not all the time, but enough to really drive me nuts! I was at a parade on the 4th and the fire trucks/ambulances/cop cars were all doing their sirens and horns, and I would get this very loud static in my hear. I'm not sure if it actually *hurts* because my ears always hurt a little bit, but it was VERY loud and VERY annoying. And then when I dropped my son off at school today just talking to the teacher and hearing the kids in the background (they are 4, so of course they are a little loud, ok so they are very loud, but they ARE just 4), I got the static in my ear AGAIN. I get it when I'm on the phone with someone, having just a normal conversation, no noise in the background and the aren't yelling. I get it at church so bad I stopped going.
So has someone else gone through this? Did you get the problem fixed or do you have to deal with it everyday. I have an appointment to see my doctor, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a referall to an ENT to do some testing on this, it's just very annoying.

PS: Here is some medical history, in case that matters. I had chronic ear infections from about age 2 to age 5 when I finally went to an ENT, was told I had no hearing left, got tubes put in in 91 or 92, they fell out early so I got them put in again between 92-93, and I also had my tonsils and adenoids removed. These dates are just a guess, I was in Kindergarten the first time, and First grade the second time. I stopped having so many ear infections after my surgeries and my hearing came back as well. I've had maybe 5 or so ear infections in the past like 10+ years. I do have a ringing in my ear, it is constant but I can't hear it if I have the TV on or music playing. But at night is gets SUPER loud and sometimes keeps me up at night, I'm not sure if that's related or not.
THANK YOU ALL!!!
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured