Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Controlling Husbands

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know a lot of women on here have controlling husbands or boyfriends. Name something that he does to control you. My dh blocks me from getting into my voicemail on my phone. He also blocks my friends from calling me. He pays for the phones and keeps all info to himself. I have voicemail messages and I want to hear them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (71-80):
fostermomoftwo
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Wow my friend once had a fiance who did this, i helped her finally leave that jack@ss. I promise you there are men out there that would treat you like an equal and partner not a child or property.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wear sexy clothes all the time. He has tried a couple of times to tell me not to walk out the house like that but I just walk out. As for the phone thing, I'm just going to reactivate an old phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't be friends with people from my past. I had to stop all contact. :/

I can't wear tank tops outside and with some clothes I have to put on an undershirt. It gets unbearable during the summer sometimes.

lucky to have the best husband in the world

stormcloud
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

He sleeps on my couch (he has his own bed and own bedroom!) and then he lies on it all day. If I sit on the couch then I'm in "his" room and he has his big screen in the living room and doesn't like it when I get to watch it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad you're getting out! What's the deal about not being allowed to sit on the couch??

Quoting stormcloud:

He forces me to pay for 85% of the expenses even though he has more money, so I am in debt because he also makes me have all the bills in my name. The only thing in his is the gas bill and if I try to shut the cable off he won't let me use the stove or shower. He rips my phone out of the wall if he doesn't like what I'm talking about, He won't let me sit on my couch, I'm not allowed to go anywhere because he locks me out of the house. No I'm not staying with him. I signed up for housing assistance and finally got it, and I'm waiting for my vouchers.

ragingdarkwaters...

stormcloud
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

He's already gotten violent with me. I've called the cops, asked my landlord to evict him, gone to the courts, in my city the law sides with the man 99% of the time. I'm working with the domestic violence center in my area and they warned me to not expect the police to do anything to help :(

Quoting rgba:

Please, please be very careful. He sounds like he is one step away from violence. Do not let him get wind of your plans, and make a very careful plan with help from someone else. Take your kids when you go, and file immediately for emergency custody.

Quoting stormcloud:

He forces me to pay for 85% of the expenses even though he has more money, so I am in debt because he also makes me have all the bills in my name. The only thing in his is the gas bill and if I try to shut the cable off he won't let me use the stove or shower. He rips my phone out of the wall if he doesn't like what I'm talking about, He won't let me sit on my couch, I'm not allowed to go anywhere because he locks me out of the house. No I'm not staying with him. I signed up for housing assistance and finally got it, and I'm waiting for my vouchers.

ragingdarkwaters...

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sad for you. :(

Please keep us posted...

Quoting stormcloud:

He's already gotten violent with me. I've called the cops, asked my landlord to evict him, gone to the courts, in my city the law sides with the man 99% of the time. I'm working with the domestic violence center in my area and they warned me to not expect the police to do anything to help :(

Quoting rgba:

Please, please be very careful. He sounds like he is one step away from violence. Do not let him get wind of your plans, and make a very careful plan with help from someone else. Take your kids when you go, and file immediately for emergency custody.

Quoting stormcloud:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcloud
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I will :)   If you follow the news, I live in the county where the serial killer Anthony Sowell got away with attacking and murdering all those women for years because the police ignored anyone who went to them about him.

Quoting rgba:

I am so sad for you. :(

Please keep us posted...

Quoting stormcloud:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting stormcloud:

ragingdarkwaters...

marzbar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My STBX would not let me have access to our money (I was unemployed for a few months), he controlled what websites I went to and who I was friends with.

MommaBear1990
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

my husband doesnt try to control me

seaglassblu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Good for you!  I admire your strength and fortitude. 

Quoting stormcloud:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Mine tracks the phone numbers under my number. I'm not certain, but I think he had something on my computer to track what sites I would go to and stuff like that. It ridiculous. I'm hoping to leave soon.
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Yes, it is. It annoys me sometimes, but I know it's a good thing.

Quoting twinmommy27:

That's a good thing though :)

Quoting Kaybean:

The only thing my DH does to "control" me is telling me not to go for walks at night by myself or things that involve my safety. Other than that, he doesn't tell me what to do. He will share his feelings on certain things, but he doesn't tell me what to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)