Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mormon question

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM
  • 31 Replies
ok! soooo the whole magic underwear thing. can someone explain that to me? and the sheet thing they have sex through a whole? is it only for consimation or all the time? what about oral sex? do mormons do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SookieRose
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:05 AM

goggle it.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:06 AM
Bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:06 AM

=-/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Not a Mormon, but live in Utah... Magic underwear isn't really magic underwear... They're called "garments" and after you go through the temple (which takes a lot of work to do) you wear them and they help protect your body from harm, I guess?

Sheet thing... Never heard of it, pretty sure it's not real at all. And oral sex, I think it's just whatever you feel comfortable with. I don't think there's anything in the Word of Wisdom or anywhere that says you can't do it.

Tressakim
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Garments are blessed underwear and modesty stuff, no idea about the rest of it as it's a very private thing that you're only told when you get them.  And my mom actually would buy long underwears from other nonmormon companies and call it good, so I'm not sure the underwear really matters as much as the modesty aspect of it.  No idea.

No such thing as the sheet thing, unless you came across a bunch of weirdos.  Sex is a special thing for husband and wife to do, so I don't think they have rules about what you can and cannot do apart from being only with your husband/wife and only after marriage.

Laughing at the sheet with a hole.  Where did you hear that?

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:56 AM
2 moms liked this

lol i don't know why people call it magic underwear. they're called garments. it's a very sacred thing, what exactly do you want to know about it?

i've never heard of anyone having sex through a hole. not in my religion, anyway. either someone was purposely misleading you, or was ignorant. or they were talking about another religion...? i dunno.

as far as sexual acts go, the church does not put any restrictions on what a couple does in the privacy of their home. as long as there are no children/third parties involved, of course. basically the church's stance is as long as both partners are satisfied.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

here's some info on the garments. i stealed it from another website. hope it answers your question.

Do some Latter-day Saints wear temple garments?

Yes. In our world of diverse religious observance, many people of faith wear special clothing as a reminder of sacred beliefs and commitments. This has been a common practice throughout history. Today, faithful adult members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints wear temple garments. These garments are simple, white underclothing composed of two pieces: a top piece similar to a T-shirt and a bottom piece similar to shorts. Not unlike the Jewish tallit katan (prayer shawl), these garments are worn underneath regular clothes. Temple garments serve as a personal reminder of covenants made with God to lead good, honorable, Christlike lives. The wearing of temple garments is an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior.

Biblical scripture contains many references to the wearing of special garments. In the Old Testament the Israelites are specifically instructed to turn their garments into personal reminders of their covenants with God (see Numbers 15:37-41). Indeed, for some, religious clothing has always been an important part of integrating worship with daily living. Such practices resonate with Latter-day Saints today.

Because of the personal and religious nature of the temple garment, the Church asks all media to report on the subject with respect, treating Latter-day Saint temple garments as they would religious vestments of other faiths. Ridiculing or making light of sacred clothing is highly offensive to Latter-day Saints.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The underwear remind them on covenants they made in the temple. I have no idea what sheet thing you are talking about and Mormons can have oral sex. I'm an ex-mormon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
For not being Mormon this is actually spot on :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a Mormon, but live in Utah... Magic underwear isn't really magic underwear... They're called "garments" and after you go through the temple (which takes a lot of work to do) you wear them and they help protect your body from harm, I guess?

Sheet thing... Never heard of it, pretty sure it's not real at all. And oral sex, I think it's just whatever you feel comfortable with. I don't think there's anything in the Word of Wisdom or anywhere that says you can't do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Sheet thing they have sex through??? The only thing I can think of is open-sided poncho they used to have people wear when they did initiatory work. It's nothing related to sex though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN