Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Camping while pregnant; would you do it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm only 16 weeks and I love to go camping with my husband but I'm not sure that we will be able to this year because I'm pregnant (his words, not mine)

the only thing that would hold me back is the heat this year. Where i live it's been 100+ for several days. even night time in mid 90's

so would you go camping while pregnant (lol I WOULD bring an air mattress this time around though, oh my goodness, my back is killing me!)

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
GunMetalVintage
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I live in Tennessee and camped clean up till a week before my first child was born in July!! 

shell3m
by Shell on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

if it's really hot then no I would not.  You are not supposed to overheat your body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
You're pregnant, not dying.
ReidsNana
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I would and did. Stay hydrated, wear a hat, stay in the shade and rest before you get tired and you should be fine. If you decide to go I hope you have a good time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I did. But it was in November and not so hot.
presleymommy
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I went camping just recently and i was 31 weeks pregnant and it was fine it was hot but i stayed hydrated i don't see why it wouldn't be fine. Just don't over due your self. 

pregnancy calendar
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hez yeah I would... if I was past the morning sickness bit! LOL! (this is my third summertime first trimester and I am so mad, the nausea is making my life miserable)

MarShy740
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Yes I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofbrayd473
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
If its really hot and you wouldn't be around water to cool off then I would say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I went camping when I was pregnant last summer. I had a blast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)