Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So it is ok for her to make fun of me for being skinny, but.....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 198 Replies
3 moms liked this

I can't make fun of her for being fat, because that would make me a bitch?!

Bullshit.

My SIL is always making fun of my size/weight. I am 5'3", weigh about 138 @ 21 weeks preggo. 

I have also lost quite a bit of weight this pregnancy. It has been a rough one.

She, on the other hand is a good 6 inches taller and a bigger girl.

She CONSTANTLY makes cracks about me being "skin and bones" or tells me "shut up and go eat something", or "maybe if you ate a burger once in a while you wouldn't be so cranky". 

Totally made fun of my "saggy grandma butt" because the maternity pants I bought are too big now, so it looks like I have no butt.

Seriously, it is constant.

But God Forbid if I were to turn this shit back around on her, told her to STOP shoveling food in her mouth, or tell her to go exercise because it releases endorphins and maybe she could stop being such a bitch etc. Nope, that would be unacceptable.

I swear on my LIFE I will flip out if she calls me a skinny bitch one more time.

First of all, I am NOT skin and bones. I am small, but I am not anorexic. SECOND OF ALL, This has been a very difficult pregnancy, it is not like I lost weight on purpose!!!!

The double standard fuckin pisses me off. I had a friend like her, bigger girl who always mocked me, and I dropped her ass like a bad habit. Too bad I can't drop my SIL. 

My SO comes to my defense when he hears it, but she just laughs louder and says something even more rude when he intervenes. I told him last night I will just stop going to family functions if she keeps this crap up. He and the kids can go, but I am sick of her crap.

I am NOT an oompa loompa, I am NOT anorexic, I do NOT need to spend all day shoveling food in my mouth! I am short, and have a small frame. Period, the end. Kind STFU now. 

End. Vent. 

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
5 moms liked this
She is just jealous. Bigger people sometimes make fun of skinny people to make themselves feel better when really they wish they were thinner. I'd retort with that. It'll drive her nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylersmom44
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut. I would turn it around on her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

She's a small-minded, insecure, jealous cow.   Don't let her immaturity and stupidity get under your skin, just let it roll right on past. 

SweetPea05
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I swear I bite my tongue so hard it bleeds.

My SO has asked me (and I would do about anything for him) not to dish it back, but it is getting so difficult. SO DIFFICULT.

Quoting skylersmom44:

I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut. I would turn it around on her. 

Sunshinebee2
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
4 moms liked this
It wont make her stop it will just hurt her too

Be the "bigger" person and just tune her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya!  I have always been small...I always get the "go eat something"  "do you ever eat?"  I constantly get asked what size I wear.  Really?  I would never ask YOU what size you wear.  I a LOT of weight when I was pregnant and constantly got told how FAT I was!  Really, because i was skinny before i got pregnant it is now ok to comment on how fat I am.  

Anyway....before I go off on any more of a rant...I feel ya girl...LOL

cherrywaves21
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Give it back to the bitch. I'm a bigger girl and hate when healthy smaller people get ragged on for being well healthy.

Tell her to take her bitchy attitude and her peek-a-boo-coochie else where.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea05
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

That is what my SO keeps telling me.

I keep trying to remind myself, she wants kids and can't have any. She has health issues that she says cause the weight issues, I just happen to go the opposite way with my issues. She is just angry at life and taking it out on me.

It still pisses me off though. 

Quoting Sunshinebee2:

It wont make her stop it will just hurt her too

Be the "bigger" person and just tune her out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Wow what a jealous bitch!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM
im a big girl trying to lose weight. but if my sis-n-law did that i would tell her to fuck out. i hate the double standard if she makes fun of you for being skinny then you should be able to say something about how fat she is. thats just me though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)