Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son got the poo smacked out of him, today....

Posted by   + Show Post
At the park, by another one year old.

Appearantly this kid didn't get the message that his caregiver allowed my son to play with the very stationary ball, that him and his siblings ignored.

He took the ball from my son, and tried to bolt. Odin runs after him, and he turns around and smacks my son on the top of the head. WHACK. Like the whack-a-mole game.

I almost hit the floor, laughing!!! Oh my gosh that was sooo funny. Odin kinda pouted, and went after (EDIT: He ran after, and harassed) the poor boy until the kid was in tears.

I put a stop to it, and chalked it up to a learning experience, for him: some people hit. Hit back, or get run over.

Awesome memories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (101-106):
mummamaur
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Ive said this in so many different posts. BUT that is how people learn boundries. children learn what hurts people and what doesnt, you cant just let kids beat the crap out of each other but if they learn compassion along the way they wont have to. op doesnt need parenting classes....maybe you do. or a from birth until death psych class. it is human nature to wrestle hit scream and fight for what is yours. this is why you pick your battles with your children and teach compassion and empathy. if you control every move who knows what choices they will make when you arent there any more.

Quoting PortiaRose:

No, another BABY smacked my baby. He didn't smack him back, but as he gets older, he's gonna have to start...

Quoting LucyHarper:

You're laughing because someone smacked your baby and you think the right response is for him to sock them back... please say that someone intervenes with parenting classes soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Hit back or get run over??? Wtf is wrong with you? Fucking ridiculous.
LucyHarper
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

No, she clearly doesn't and apparently theres quite a few sucky parents on here, luckily there are also many good ones. I'll "sit my ass down" when I'm actually standing and when someone didn't go on a public forum to tell about their sucky parenting, clearly looking for comments and opinions. Considering we are on a MOM WEBSITE, yes, I have met kids.

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

No,she's got this,you need to sit your ass down and let her parent her own way,whether or not it meets with your all needed approval.If you read this post,you'll find that a lot of mothers would have done the same thing,who the fuck are YOU to decide that they are all parenting wrong?he is 1 year old!!"Getting in a fight"LOL!!have you actually met any kids?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Yes, you when sit on your butt and laugh instead of doing something about it when your child is misbehaving, thats lazy, she isn't doing a thing to parent her kid. She has not "got this", she thinks her kid needs to sock anyone who tries to sock them for any reason, thats the only way to solve a problem, and she laughs when her child gets in a fight instead of teaching them how to fix their problems. 

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

See?now I think you are just dramatic,"lazy butt"?"Parent your child"?all that because 2 one year olds had an altercation?and she let it happen?just because its not something you would do,doesn't make it wrong.Let her parent her own child,HER own way.She's got this.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because harassing someone relentlessly until they cry is such a good way to deal with problems. Once again, get off your lazy butt, parent your child, teach them so they know how to handle it on their own in the future, and that does not include socking the kid back.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Going to edit.

Badly writen: the other kid started crying cuz he was being harassed relentlessly by my son.

Quoting LucyHarper:

"Odin kinda pouted, and went after (EDIT: He ran after, and harassed) the poor boy until he was in tears."

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Where did you get that her kid was crying and screaming??

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because babies can't talk out their issues, they can't work out their own fights, ehnce why her kid just ended up crying and screaming and chasing that kid around until she did something about it. Kids don't just know how to work out fights, they need to be taught, thats a parents job. My kids are not tattle tales, they never tell on anyone unless its a dire thing, because they know how to solve their own problems, why do they know how to do that, because when they were babies and toddlers, we stepped in and taught them how, we didn't fix their problems for them, we explained to them how to fix them, gave them the skills they needed, so now they can fix their problems on their own. And those skills are not "just sock him back", which is going to just get her kid no respect and a heck of a lot of trouble.

Quoting amomynous_j:

how is allowing two ONE year olds work out their own problems making them suffer? i highly doubt that if the problem escalated the OP wouldn't have intervened. 

kids need to learn how to work out their own problems, and constantly intervening will produce an incredibly coddled tattle tale kid. 

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm fine with people parenting their own way, but when the way you parent is going to make your kid suffer, I'm going to say something.

Quoting amomynous_j:

or, you can parent your way. and others can parent their way.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Somebody still smacked your baby and you sat there and laughed, you should have gotten off your lazy butt, gone over and comforted your child, and told the other child to use their words, not their hands, and had their parents deal with them. And no, when hes older he should not "have to start" hitting people back", I'm literally shaking my head right now, once again, parenting classes, please, before you ruin a child.

Quoting PortiaRose:

No, another BABY smacked my baby. He didn't smack him back, but as he gets older, he's gonna have to start...

Quoting LucyHarper:

You're laughing because someone smacked your baby and you think the right response is for him to sock them back... please say that someone intervenes with parenting classes soon.

PortiaRose
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM
You really should place your opinion in a box, tape it up, and send it to timbuktu.

And standing on that soap box all day must be tiring. So please sit your ass down before you go blue in the face.

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, she clearly doesn't and apparently theres quite a few sucky parents on here, luckily there are also many good ones. I'll "sit my ass down" when I'm actually standing and when someone didn't go on a public forum to tell about their sucky parenting, clearly looking for comments and opinions. Considering we are on a MOM WEBSITE, yes, I have met kids.

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

No,she's got this,you need to sit your ass down and let her parent her own way,whether or not it meets with your all needed approval.If you read this post,you'll find that a lot of mothers would have done the same thing,who the fuck are YOU to decide that they are all parenting wrong?he is 1 year old!!"Getting in a fight"LOL!!have you actually met any kids?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Yes, you when sit on your butt and laugh instead of doing something about it when your child is misbehaving, thats lazy, she isn't doing a thing to parent her kid. She has not "got this", she thinks her kid needs to sock anyone who tries to sock them for any reason, thats the only way to solve a problem, and she laughs when her child gets in a fight instead of teaching them how to fix their problems. 

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

See?now I think you are just dramatic,"lazy butt"?"Parent your child"?all that because 2 one year olds had an altercation?and she let it happen?just because its not something you would do,doesn't make it wrong.Let her parent her own child,HER own way.She's got this.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because harassing someone relentlessly until they cry is such a good way to deal with problems. Once again, get off your lazy butt, parent your child, teach them so they know how to handle it on their own in the future, and that does not include socking the kid back.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Going to edit.

Badly writen: the other kid started crying cuz he was being harassed relentlessly by my son.

Quoting LucyHarper:

"Odin kinda pouted, and went after (EDIT: He ran after, and harassed) the poor boy until he was in tears."

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because babies can't talk out their issues, they can't work out their own fights, ehnce why her kid just ended up crying and screaming and chasing that kid around until she did something about it. Kids don't just know how to work out fights, they need to be taught, thats a parents job. My kids are not tattle tales, they never tell on anyone unless its a dire thing, because they know how to solve their own problems, why do they know how to do that, because when they were babies and toddlers, we stepped in and taught them how, we didn't fix their problems for them, we explained to them how to fix them, gave them the skills they needed, so now they can fix their problems on their own. And those skills are not "just sock him back", which is going to just get her kid no respect and a heck of a lot of trouble.

Quoting amomynous_j:

how is allowing two ONE year olds work out their own problems making them suffer? i highly doubt that if the problem escalated the OP wouldn't have intervened. 

kids need to learn how to work out their own problems, and constantly intervening will produce an incredibly coddled tattle tale kid. 

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm fine with people parenting their own way, but when the way you parent is going to make your kid suffer, I'm going to say something.

Quoting amomynous_j:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Somebody still smacked your baby and you sat there and laughed, you should have gotten off your lazy butt, gone over and comforted your child, and told the other child to use their words, not their hands, and had their parents deal with them. And no, when hes older he should not "have to start" hitting people back", I'm literally shaking my head right now, once again, parenting classes, please, before you ruin a child.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I sat there and watched my one year old take out her one year old cousin... Hey, they gotta learn! Plus I was to busy laughing to jump up and stop them! 

But then I did pick them up and redirect them

LucyHarper
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Making one comment is far from making me blue in the face, and of course you would say that, sucky parents rarely realize what they are doing is idiotic. Once again, parenting classes, they can really help you before you ruin your child.

Quoting PortiaRose:

You really should place your opinion in a box, tape it up, and send it to timbuktu.

And standing on that soap box all day must be tiring. So please sit your ass down before you go blue in the face.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting PortiaRose:

Going to edit.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting amomynous_j:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting amomynous_j:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN