Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I did cocaine while 8 months pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ask me anything..

GO
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Replies (291-296):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

That's sure not what it sounded like in your original response...

And I think it's helpful to keep in mind that those of us who do not do drugs, especially when pregnant, or do not work in rehab centers would have no idea the amount of coke needed to affect the baby, so really, it's not an unusual question at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't even talking about the amount she did...I'm saying people are overreacting saying CPS is going to take her kid. Doing any amount of drugs during pregnancy obviously is stupid but I couldn't help but laugh at the posts where people were asking if her baby was okay.

Quoting lwalker270:

So you work at a rehab center and think everyone is overreacting because OP did a bump and not a line.

Interesting.

I don't work in a rehab center, but IMO ANY cocaine or drug that can be passed to the fetus is too much during pregnancy.  But that's just me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok people you are going a little overboard here...a bump will not do ANYTHING to a fetus. I know people who have done cocaine during their whole pregnancies and they have happy healthy children. As far as CPS goes a bump would never even be detected on a drug test. You could do a half of a gram and pass a test. Unless someone actually calls CPS on her there is no way they would even know. Even if she tested positive during her pregnancy all she has to do is go for a drug evaluation after birth and they decide where to go from there. If she isn't using during her drug evaluation they would inform CPS and the case would be closed.

Jessiejem
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM
You are a real winner
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Good point

Quoting lwalker270:

That's sure not what it sounded like in your original response...

And I think it's helpful to keep in mind that those of us who do not do drugs, especially when pregnant, or do not work in rehab centers would have no idea the amount of coke needed to affect the baby, so really, it's not an unusual question at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't even talking about the amount she did...I'm saying people are overreacting saying CPS is going to take her kid. Doing any amount of drugs during pregnancy obviously is stupid but I couldn't help but laugh at the posts where people were asking if her baby was okay.

Quoting lwalker270:

So you work at a rehab center and think everyone is overreacting because OP did a bump and not a line.

Interesting.

I don't work in a rehab center, but IMO ANY cocaine or drug that can be passed to the fetus is too much during pregnancy.  But that's just me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok people you are going a little overboard here...a bump will not do ANYTHING to a fetus. I know people who have done cocaine during their whole pregnancies and they have happy healthy children. As far as CPS goes a bump would never even be detected on a drug test. You could do a half of a gram and pass a test. Unless someone actually calls CPS on her there is no way they would even know. Even if she tested positive during her pregnancy all she has to do is go for a drug evaluation after birth and they decide where to go from there. If she isn't using during her drug evaluation they would inform CPS and the case would be closed.

Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Were you on drugs?

Quoting RissyLee:

That's exactly the same size and weight my son was when he was born.

Quoting Anonymous:

No he came out perfectly healthy.

7lb 11. Ounces 20 1/2 inches

Quoting baby2zacharias:

Did the baby have issues from it? Do you feel like a bad mom? Because you are

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Nope

Quoting Mommii2.1:

Were you on drugs?

Quoting RissyLee:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting baby2zacharias:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Well then it looks like her baby came out healthy

Quoting RissyLee:

Nope

Quoting Mommii2.1:

Were you on drugs?

Quoting RissyLee:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting baby2zacharias:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)