Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vaginal vs. c section **i know dead horse time** **edit in red**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

just want to see what everyones thoughts are on the suject and in your mind what warrents a csection.

** i think the part that drives me nuts is when people say that you are not a mother because you didnt deliver vaginally. how does it make me any less of a mother? i would love to know.

btw both of my bio children were born by c section. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Replies (91-100):
HeartsCombined
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever understand those who PREFER c-sections to vaginal deliveries and recommend them (IE my stepmom telling my childless aunt that she should "schedule it now because the heads in our family are big!") but it really isn't my concern...if you're happy with everything then I'm with ya!

___
Married, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, DivaCup wearing, natural birth stay-at-home mommy to...
Hayley (12.8.07),
Cameron (2.9.10), & Jordana (11.4.11)

corky1990
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM
And my doc told me I can deliver vaginally for my other babies. :-) makes me happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

People really say that you're not a mother if you have a c-section?  Does that mean that you're not a real mother if you adopt?  I would never choose to have an elective c-section, but if it was medically necessary I guess I would have to.  Vaginal delivery hurts a whole lot, but it's more natural for mom and baby.  My second baby came flying out right when I started pushing and she had all kinds of problems with excess fluid and mucous in her lungs because she didn't experience that compression from coming out gradually.  Do c-section babies have similar problems?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I will never understand why everyone cares how others give birth.

I think all babies should be delivered as safely as possible.

Josie_P
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I think c-sections should only be performed if medically necessary. I also think women need to do their research and be defiant when they DON'T want a c-section and their doctor is trying to force it upon them. In my opinion, if a doctor doesn't have a valid reason to perform a c-section other than "let's just have this baby and be done" then a woman should NOT get one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I don't know why people without medical degrees care so much. It is the Dr's decision if one is needed or not. If you don't like how often they are doing it, take it up with the medical community. Don't bash the mommy for it.
rockinmom99
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM
It's a woman's choice. Personally I had 3 c-sections. The first one was an emergency...his heart raqte plummeted and he was stuck. It was the scariest moment of my life. I opted for the next 2 to be sections and don't regret it one bit:) It doesn't matter how a woman gives birth, she is a mother either way:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I will break it down. You are a mother, and you gave birth, even if you had a c-section. 

You are not looser than women who have had c-sections if you have delivered vaginally. The end.

Vikki77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Can you do that? I had my 1st c/s then second vbac. 3rd c/s by choice. They did not tell me that I would be limited in pregnancies. They told me with my daughter (my 4th) that I didn't have a choice. After 2 c/s you have to do it that way. After she was born they told me that I could only have 1 more since my uterus was too thin to go through another surgery after that. And we want more kids.

Quoting Randi02:

I have had 3. I think they should only be done when medically necessary. Not because of 'failure to progress', or because of a 'big baby' etc.

ETA: I will be going for a VBA3C with this baby :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I had to have a c-section because my dd was breech. They could not make my baby turn because I had an anterior placenta, and the process of forcing my dd to turn would have ruptured my placenta. I was very disappointed. I really wanted a natural child birth, but I did what I had to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)