Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am Outraged by A sterotype that was made.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
3 moms liked this
My husband grew up in poverty and I grew up in a middle class family. We have struggled over the years. Now we are better off than his family. Yes we still struggle but we have a nice home. Nicer than he has ever had. He has worked hard since the age of 16yrs old. So not every child stays in poverty because they grew up in poverty. Not only that I have family who grew up in poverty that have worked hard their whole life for what they have. So quit judging people who live in poverty for various reasons and saying their children will live in poverty when they are adults. That isn't always true. Some children that live in poverty make life better for themselves as adults. I will not respond to rude or thoughtless comments.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areyouatroll
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
But the reality is the majority of poor people continue the cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I agree with you. I do think it can be more common for children in poverty to do the same as adults--but not all. From my personal experiences--it's actually almost even. 50/50.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Are you new here,  everyone is judged for everything here,  poverty isn't exempt!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting areyouatroll:

But the reality is the majority of poor people continue the cycle.
KitT.Kat
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

LOL, no not all of them just most. I grew up in poverty too, most of the kids I knew are still dirt poor.

I would be surprised if all of your husband's childhood friends escaped poverty with him. Scratch that, I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be shocked.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

okay thanks for making that clear.  Hope you feel better.

mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
agreed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jessefuller
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
We were very poor when I was growing up and we might not be rich now but we own our own home 3 cars and have no debt. And also no pa either. We've done well because we refused to give up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
We grew up poor, my dh was eating dogfood in russia when the ussr fell… we both got advanced degrees and worked hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearscubed
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I applaud people who have lived in poverty and made themselves a better person. I can't respect someone who lives in poverty and refuses to change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)