Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am Outraged by A sterotype that was made.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband grew up in poverty and I grew up in a middle class family. We have struggled over the years. Now we are better off than his family. Yes we still struggle but we have a nice home. Nicer than he has ever had. He has worked hard since the age of 16yrs old. So not every child stays in poverty because they grew up in poverty. Not only that I have family who grew up in poverty that have worked hard their whole life for what they have. So quit judging people who live in poverty for various reasons and saying their children will live in poverty when they are adults. That isn't always true. Some children that live in poverty make life better for themselves as adults. I will not respond to rude or thoughtless comments.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Replies (31-31):
LuvmyAiden
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We all know that some will overcome their circumstances but a great deal who grow up in poverty WILL repeat the cycle. Just like those who grow up with abuse will abuse or end up being abused. The cycle is part of human behavior. That doesn't mean ALL people will repeat the cycle but MOST will. That is proven. Congrats on overcoming but you are the exception not the rule!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)