Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for married moms **edit**#2

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM
  • 199 Replies
What is it like? I feel like it would either be
1. Kodak family with a white fence everything so perfect you kinda wanna barf
2. Constant non stop fights both people unhappy

Now i know neither would apply to everyone because every situation is different

Im just curious because i never met s happily married couple. Now im not that dense that i assume all are
unhappy thats why i am asking

ANOTHER QUESTION
What is co-parenting like?

***edit*** i like to hit "like" on every reply because i appreciate u answering my question and sharing abput yourself. Im sorry if i dont hit "like" for you i did not expect this many replies
So i want to thank all of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girl_incognito
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
12 moms liked this

It's some where in between.

CheerBugg1585
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM
5 moms liked this
It's a happy medium. I'm mean we aren't Pleasantville residents or anything. But we aren't at each others throats either. We have our issues here and there. But overall we work through our problems together. We're a stronger team together than not. We adore each other and would do anything for the greater good of the other and rest of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifehappy
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM
11 moms liked this

What is my marriage like?

It's mostly very happy. White picket fence happy? Yes, a lot of the time.

Do we fight? Absolutely. But we fight fair, and not often, because we only fight about big things and never sweat the small stuff.

I really don't understand what you're asking, though. No relationship is perfect. It depends on the people in it...and it takes a lot of work.

I think people rush into things too quickly and then don't like what they find out about their spouse, or they nit-pick and argue about stuff that just doesn't really matter.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Our marriage is happy.  I chose a man who I would still want to live with after he's gotten on my last nerve, lol.   

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not really either, though if I had to pick between the two I would easily pick the picket fence.  It hasn't always been like that, but after being with someone for 10 years you learn how to communicate and diffuse situations before they turn into a big argument.

Like others, I am confused why you don't see married people as just normal people.  Too much Leave it to Beaver and Mob Wives?

ALWsMomma
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
We disagree sometimes, but we respect each other too much to scream yell and curse at each other. We are very happy, but sometimes we drive each other crazy. We just choose to look past the flaws. We are very happy together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

we're very happy but we do have arguments sometimes.  marriage is work and throw kids into the mix you have to now make time for each other when before, it was just the two of you.

you have to take time to keep the romance alive, to keep the connection alive, to be intimate with each other even when you're dead tired.  if you constantly put your relationship on the back-burner, it'll remain there because it's 'easier' to just leave it there and succumb to the exhaustion/daily grind of life.  that's when you realize, 10yrs down the road, that you don't know your partner anymore!

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Kodak family, sans white picket fence. We never fight, I love him more every single day, he adores dd-who is not his bio child, he truly appreciates what I do for our family, he busts ass to make sure we live comfortably and enjoy ourselves. He is my best friend, and the thought of life without him makes me ill. Seriously, I start crying!

We still hold hands, kiss all of the time, leave each other hidden notes, send sappy emails. Our family says.we make them want to vomit. Lol

our ONLY problem is my ex husband. Dh desperately.wants the ex to either commit to being in dds life, or move the hell over so dh can adopt her. *shrug cant have it all, i suppose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
We are happy not perfect but happy. Sure we have arguments who doesn't but we work them out. We have no secretes and tons of trust. We also are always working on our relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HoneyPlum
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
We're very happy. Of course we have disagreements, but we never yell at each other and solve our problems amicably.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)